|Job Ref:||204671465||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Yorkshire||City:||York||Address:||Post Code:||YO1||Salary:||£32000 - £35000/annum vehicle, pension, life cover||Post Date:||14/10/2016 03:19|
My client are a FTSE 250 business providing facilities, property and asset management for some of the biggest public and private sector businesses. They have revenues in excess of £1.8bn and a reputation for being the best in their business.|
Job objectives and responsibilities
* To be responsible for all maintenance, reactive and small works within the scope of the of contracts in and around the York area.
* To assist the Contract Manager to ensure financial targets are met in line with annual reviews budgets.
* To ensure that all planned preventative maintenance and reactive works are carried out efficiently and to the Client's satisfaction.
* To ensure that all personnel under your control work efficiently and maintain required standards
* To support the Contract Manager with staff motivation and discipline and control the allocation of labour to tasks
* To ensure compliance with Health, Quality, Safety and Environmental standards.
* To control all planned and reactive maintenance and small works activities in accordance with the established Quality Management System including participation in internal and external audits.
* To be responsible for Site Health, Safety and Environmental matters.
* To ensure Risk Assessments are completed and maintained. Control Measures adopted in compliance with statutory provisions, codes of practice and guidance.
* To ensure Accident Record sheets are completed and incidents reported.
* To assist the Contract Manager with day to day management of relevant employees including conduct, performance, attendance and capability. Taking the necessary and appropriate actions to address any inappropriate behaviour or low standards, with support and advice from HR
* Attendance on HR related courses to ensure competence in dealing with people management responsibilities
* To liaise with Suppliers and Sub-contractors, to achieve optimum efficiency.
* To oversee the planned preventative maintenance programme
* To produce system reports as required for both internal management information and client contract reviews in accordance with the Quality Management System and Site Specific requirements.
* Organise emergency call-outs including the tasking of standby engineers and attendance on site as required.
* To prepare quotations for additional works and contract amendments as requested.
* To liaise and control small works operation and oversee projects.
* To assist the Contract Manager to expand the portfolio in line with the clients and company requirements.
* Trade Skill qualification in electrical or mechanical engineering (preferable).
* Good Management Skills.
* Good Organisational Skills.
* Good Communication Skills.
* Computer Literate.
* Good commercial awareness