|Job Ref:||204674668||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||West Midlands||Address:||Post Code:||WV14||Salary:||£32000 - £38000/annum Benefits, pension||Post Date:||18/10/2016 14:21|
JOB TITLE: Projects Manager - Engineering|
LOCATION: West Bromwich
My client is a successful engineering and manufacturing company who engineer turn-key solutions for a world wide customer base from their West Midlands facility.
They need a motivated and professional Project Manager with a strong project engineering background who can deliver customer and in-house projects to time and budget working closely with customers, colleagues and sub-contractors.
This varied and challenging role will involve:
- Managing turn-key customer projects in a structured manner from customer brief to completed installation.
- Planning and scheduling of technical and operational resources.
- Working closely with colleagues including sales, operations, sub-contractors, installation and commissioning.
- Cost and budget management.
- Communicating with all stakeholders and ensuring project timescales are hit.
- Delivering in-house projects which could include lean manufacturing, operational efficiency and continuous improvement projects.
- Improving project management, control and reporting processes.
- Supporting other colleagues and functions as required.
To apply for this role you should have:
- A strong engineering background with project engineering and project management experience.
- A minimum ONC/HNC or above in an appropriate engineering subject.
- Robust project management experience in an engineering / manufacturing environment.
- A good understanding of electrical and mechanical engineering in particular industrial equipment.
- Good IT skills including MS Project.
- Understanding of project management techniques including planning and reporting.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels.
- Strong problem solving skills, ideally with lean / CI techniques.
- Able to read and ideally manipulate AutoCAD drawings.
- Ideally an understanding of risk assessments and safe working methods on site.
- Self disciplined and focused when working independently, methodical and detailed.
- Ability to travel to customer sites internationally on occasion - driving license and valid Passport required.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who enjoys a varied and challenging project management role in the broader context of a successful and growing engineering company