|Job Ref:||204674643||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Cambridge||Address:||Post Code:||CB1||Salary:||£38000 - £42000/annum Excellent benefits||Post Date:||18/10/2016 14:21|
One of the world's leaders in the development and manufacture of complex Medical Devices requires an experienced Mechanical Engineer to carry out a range of engineering activities for innovation projects to identify, design and develop new drug delivery products.|
Educated to degree level (or equivalent), preferably in an Engineering subject, the ideal candidate will have Experience of using a 3D parametric CAD system such as Solidworks for creating parts, assemblies and drawings, and have Knowledge of a range of rapid prototyping techniques and processes.
Key duties will include:
• Contribute to the development of new drug delivery devices, from early stage product concepts to ready for clinical trial product, in line with innovation strategy, Quality system and Development Process.
• Contribute as a team member to allocated work-streams within innovation projects, to meet project targets and ensure output meets with customer expectations and operational needs.
• Utilise project and engineering knowledge to drafts extracts of technical reports and design documentation for review and input into (client) reports ensuring that they are accurate and informed.
• Adopt a continuous improvement approach by proactively seeking out development opportunities by learning and attending training courses to ensure that department has right skills to deliver business needs.
• Provide competent engineering and process knowledge to support activities and business decision making within speciality area.
• Procure prototype parts using appropriate manufacture techniques, such as rapid prototyping and machining.
• Liaising with appropriate suppliers, procure tools and commission parts to meet the agreed product / component specification.
• Carry out diligent laboratory testing, including creation of test protocols, designing and procuring test apparatus, analysis of results and report writing.
You will be joining a global leader, offering excellent opportunities for career development and benefits to match