|Job Ref:||204674622||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Norfolk||City:||Norfolk||Address:||Post Code:||NR17||Salary:||£38000 - £42000/annum Excellent benefits||Post Date:||14/10/2016 03:20|
One of the world's leaders in the development and manufacture of complex Medical Devices requires an experienced Moulding Engineer to manage and complete activities associated with procuring, installing and validating Injection Mould machines and related ancillary equipment tools for new projects and scale-up programmes, and to provide technical support to Operations for post installation to agreed timescales.|
Educated to a minimum of HNC Mechanical Engineering or equivalent, the ideal candidate will have a good understanding and knowledge of moulding processes and a wide range of polymers and plastics.
Key duties will include:
• Engineering responsibility for the specification and purchase of new Injection Moulding machines, Robots and other related ancillary equipment to the agreed budget, timelines and purchasing strategy.
• Provide commercially competitive Engineering solutions, estimates / quotations required to underpin opportunity evaluation targeting new business or capacity expansion.
• Obtain Operational team input to new Moulding Cell solutions, agreeing quality and ergonomic requirements
• Plan and execute approved Moulding Engineering projects for NPI to agreed specifications and targets (cost, time and performance) either by leadership of work packages or contributing as a member of a dedicated project team.
• Pro-actively manage equipment manufacture and validation activities ensuring adequate risk assessment is undertaken at design qualification, procurement and validation stages, and that budget and milestones are achieved and verified during manufacture within a framework of change control.
• Provide technical support and guidance to internal and external customers for Moulding Engineering solutions, design, manufacture and any related issues.
• Manage the control of all Moulding Engineering validation documents and Templates within the IT systems
• Assist in the emerging technologies together with operational and business requirements/needs in order to evaluate and propose technology platforms or approaches that will provide potential competitive advantage in the area of moulded component production for New Product Introduction and cGMP production.
• Work with Facilities Department and Building Contractors on the specification, quotation and installation of new building services, layouts and Crane installations.
• Proactively manage suppliers to ensure company is achieving value for money on Moulding solutions and managing the finances through the equipment manufacture stages.
• Assist in the Identification and support the evaluation of manufactures / service providers.
You will be joining a global leader, offering excellent opportunities for career development and benefits to match