|Job Ref:||204674451||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Kent||City:||Kent||Address:||Post Code:||TN23||Salary:||£38000 - £50000/annum + Excellent benefits||Post Date:||14/10/2016 03:19|
Senior Software Engineer - C++ / STL|
Our client is a globally recognized, award winning product development organization. They operate within the "smart devices" space. The successful applicant will develop software for their flagship product range. You will be responsible for the design, coding, testing and documentation of both client application and real-time control software. You will also be taking part in future solutions including developing new innovative IoT products.
The ideal candidate will be an efficient software developer with an understanding of algorithmic efficiency, data structures and object oriented programming along with modern design patterns
Candidates should have experience with most of the following technologies to be suitable for this role:
• Extensive experience in using C/C++
o Ideally C++ 11 or 14
o Use of STL/Boost libraries
• Proven troubleshooting skills; use of debugging techniques and tools
• Use of Windows MFC for GUI
• Use of JSON; experience of XML would be an advantage
• Good knowledge of TCP/IP, UDP/IP in the context of networking
• Experience with Wireshark or similar tools
• Understanding of real-time embedded systems
• Experience with VCS systems (Git)
• Experience of unit testing
• Developing in a Linux environment
• Exposure to other programming languages and technologies
This is an opportunity to be part of rapidly changing industry with wide responsibilities, and various opportunities to influence research and development and to ensure the customers get the best product and service experiences. This client will support you in your development as a professional, you will be given opportunities to progress your career further and have a genuine opportunity to influence REAL product development!
If this is a role that interests you, please apply with your up to date CV and I will be in touch to discuss your availability for interview.
Senior Software Engineer - C++ / STL