|Job Ref:||204670988||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Norfolk||City:||Norfolk||Address:||Post Code:||NR17||Salary:||£35000 - £40000/annum Excellent benefits||Post Date:||14/10/2016 03:18|
One of the world's leaders in the development and manufacture of complex Medical Devices requires an experienced Metrology Engineer who will be responsible for the procurement and installation of Metrology equipment within world-class facilities.|
Educated to at least HNC Mechanical Engineering or equivalent, the ideal candidate will be experienced in the programming of Metrology equipment using either camera based or tactile systems, and will have had in-depth involvement in validation and project management activities.
The key duties of this role will include:
• Engineering responsibility for the procurement of new Metrology equipment to the agreed budget and timelines.
• Provide commercially competitive Metrology solutions, estimates / quotations required to underpin opportunity evaluation targeting new business or ongoing operations/capacity expansion.
• Plan and execute Metrology projects for both Operational replacement and NPI to agreed specifications and targets (cost, time, quality and performance) either by leadership of work packages or contributing as a member of a dedicated project team.
• Pro-actively manage Fixture design, equipment specification, data collection and validation activities ensuring adequate risk assessment is undertaken at design qualification, procurement and validation stages, and that budget and milestones are achieved and verified during tool manufacture within a framework of change control.
• Pro-actively contribute to Design for Manufacture reviews and Component approval reviews using experience, knowledge and analysis tools.
• Provide technical support and guidance to internal and external customers for Metrology techniques, fixture design, manufacture and any related issues.
• Manage the control of all Metrology validation documents and templates within IT systems
• Assist in the emerging technologies together with operational and business requirements/needs in order to evaluate and propose technology platforms or approaches that will provide potential competitive advantage in the area of component metrology for New Product Introduction and cGMP production.
• Proactively manage suppliers to ensure achieving value for money on Moulding solutions and managing the finances through the equipment manufacture stages.
• Assist in the Identification and support the evaluation of manufactures / service providers.
You will be joining a global leader, offering excellent opportunities for career development and benefits to match