|Job Ref:||204670830||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||Croydon||Address:||Post Code:||CR0||Salary:||£58000 - £60000/annum bonus, pension||Post Date:||14/10/2016 03:19|
Engineering & Maintenance Manager - New Power Station|
Circa £60,000 + bonus + benefits
We are currently recruiting an Engineering & Maintenance Manager to join a new build Energy from Waste power station in South London This is a great opportunity to join a business with a growing portfolio of EfW plants across the UK. This person will be responsible for overseeing all maintenance and engineering activities across the EfW power station in order to improve availability and keep downtime to a minimum.
What will I be doing?
Typical duties of the Engineering & Maintenance Manager will include:
* Manage and run the maintenance department comprising of multi skilled engineers and technicians
* Negotiate best prices for the purchase of further plant equipment
* Management of the sites CMMS system implementing planned preventative maintenance requirements whilst ensuring safe and efficient plant operation
* Plan, manage and execute outage / shutdowns working closely with the site engineers
* Manage and control maintenance sub-contractors
* Manage the department's budget and report on budget performance in line with accounting practices
* Ensuring all activities are carried out to the highest standard of health and safety.
What experience does the role require?
In order to be considered for this fantastic opportunity it's important you meet certain criteria including:
* A relevant qualification such as a degree/HND/HNC in an engineering discipline i.e. mechanical, electrical or C&I
* Supervisory/people management experience in a maintenance/engineering role on a large process plant or power station. This can include energy from waste, CCGT, coal, biomass, utilities, petrochem plant etc.
* Knowledge of environmental permits, H&S issues and safe working environments
* Experience managing budgets and working with CMMS
* Mobilisation experience of a new build plant would be an advantage
* Full UK driving licence
What's in it for me?
The successful candidate will receive:
* A competitive basic salary or Circa £60,000
* A performance related bonus
* A contributory pension
* Additional benefits
How do I apply?
To apply for this exciting opportunity simply send a copy of your up to date CV and covering letter or alternatively you can call (Apply online only) and speak to Steve who can tell you more
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK