|Job Ref:||204670809||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Wiltshire||City:||Swindon||Address:||Post Code:||DY3||Salary:||£37000 - £43800/annum||Post Date:||14/10/2016 03:19|
A fantastic opportunity to work for a progressive medical technology company. Our client is among the world's leading suppliers of medical devices and a leading innovator in injection- and infusion-based drug delivery since 1906. Our client offers a warm and friendly working environment and embraces it's employees and their diversities.|
The role is for a Moulding Technician based in the Swindon area, working within a permanent role offering a very competitive salary and attractive benefits package.
This role is to work a day or night shift; working on a 3 on 3 off continuous 12 hour shift (10:00 - 22:00 days or 22:00 - 10:00 Nights).
To coordinate specification, installation, optimisation and support validation of new and modified equipment and process, to provide process improvements and fault identification/correction to production.
* Specify, install, commission and validate new mould presses and ancillary equipment.
* Support the introduction of new mould tools and input into design and specification of new injection mould tools.
* Conduct process trials and validation on new or modified mould processes.
* Fully document trials, validations, process conditions, etc., and work in accordance with internal procedures, GMP and external regulatory requirements.
* Train other BD Associates in the use of moulding machines, tools, ancillary equipment and documentation.
* Maintain and ensure safe working conditions for self and others
* To identify and implement where necessary, improvements to process, quality or cost effectiveness of the moulding operation.
* Undertake process projects as requested by Engineering manager or Project Engineer.
* Liaison with internal associates and external suppliers or consultants
* Setting up and conducting mould optimisation trials and validations
* Documentation and written reports on trials results, conclusions and recommendations.
* Fault finding and problem solving of development and production processes.
* To keep up to date with technology and developments in plastics processing.
Additional information on competencies required
* Able to work in cleanroom environment
* Prepared to work flexible hours (within reason) to cover project or production requirements.
* Available to attend off-site training/visit
* Able to work on experience and to follow set procedures
* Able to switch priorities as situation dictates
* Work with team to solve problems
* Self motivated
* Able to work under pressure to fault find
* Five years injection moulding in a medium to high volume company
* Setting machines
* Optimising processes
* Process trials/validation experience
* Project Management experience
* Familiar with Swindon's presses. Present and future.
* Apprenticeship served/formal training in plastics processing
* Qualifications in plastics processing/materials technology
* Risk analysis/FMEA
* Specialist injection moulding training
If you have the experience and skill set to match the requirements listed above, enjoy working in a collaborative and engaging culture and are driven by the challenge of assisting in developing innovative solutions for global issues, then we are very interested in speaking with you; so don't delay, please apply using the links provided.
Please be advised that due to the expected high volume of applicants we may be unable to reply to everyone individually