|Job Ref:||204669177||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Norfolk||City:||King's Lynn||Address:||Salary:||£7.57/hour||Post Date:||18/10/2016 14:21|
Apprentice Steel Erector / Cladder|
A well respected, local, family operated engineering company are looking for an enthusiastic trainee who wants to learn the skills to become a skilled Steel Erector / Cladder.
For this trainee role you will need to be physically fit and confident working at height, as that is part of the job. You will be working towards qualifications and certificates such as, NVQ in Steel Erecting and Cladding, CSCS Card, Working at Heights, Harness Training, Rigging and Slinging, Signalling, Crane Supervisor, PASMA and CPCS.
You will be working as a trainee within a team who are erecting steel / secondary steel work, fixing cladding and flashing on sites around the UK and occasionally abroad. The role will involve staying away from home when the site is not suitable for travel each day.
As an Apprentice Steel Erector / Cladder your duties would include:
* Manual work on outdoor sites around the UK and Europe.
* Punctual and good time keeping.
* Fluent in spoken and written English.
* Working as the trainee within a team to assist others and learn all relevant tasks.
The Ideal Apprentice Steel Erector / Cladder would have:
* Desire to want to start a career as a trainee in this specific sector.
* Ability to work well within a team
* Willingness to work away when needed sometimes over weekends.
* Willingness to work inside and outside throughout the year and long hours when required.
Apprentice Steel Erector / Cladder
In return you will receive £7.57 per hour and £11.35 per hour overtime after 8 hours each day. It is weekly pay and with Sundays double time (£15.14) as is Bank Holidays where you also get another day's holiday if your work them. Your working day is varied, depending on how far away the site you are working on is, it could be 6am till 6pm or if it was closer it could be 7am till 4pm. You will receive the relevant PPE needed for the role and have the option of being part of the company pension. When working away accommodation will be provided at no cost and you receive £25 per night for your food