|Job Ref:||204669164||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Kent||City:||Kent||Address:||Post Code:||TN23||Salary:||£50000 - £60000/annum benefits||Post Date:||18/10/2016 14:21|
Production Manager / Mid Kent / £50-60k DOE + benefits|
A rare and exclusive opportunity has arisen for an experienced Production Manager to join my client, a well-established organisation based in Mid Kent. This is a senior role with 30 direct reports and requires significant knowledge of air handling units and ventilation. The key purpose of this role is manage the safe operations of all Workshop production including production design.
Main duties include:
* Compile production schedule, ensuring delivery promises are met.
* Achieve a clear understanding of the content of workshop jobs and their status, in relation to actual hours recorded and target completion.
* Ensure efficient completion of tasks by workshop employees and drive to attain target hours.
* Managing input of information and material. Working together with respective managers of other interfacing departments to eliminate occurring and potential problems that are or may cause inefficiencies.
* Early warning of potential overruns and proposed interactions to instigate corrective actions to minimise time delays and potential overspend against budget.
* Eliminate inconsistent and potentially inefficient production methods within the workshop.
* Conduct reviews of actual performance against target.
* Conduct employee performance appraisals; performance, development and training.
The successful candidate will be a self-motivated, passionate individual with exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to negotiate a range of different direct reports and characters. You will be results-orientated, with a strong background in Air Handling Units and a minimum of an HNC in Mechanical Engineering. You will apply lean approaches to manufacturing and be a strong manager with a good level of commercial awareness.
In return you will have the opportunity to develop a new role within a really successful business which has been going from strength to strength. The scope for your career progression is huge as well as offering a friendly, ethical working environment, generous salary and benefits package. Opportunities within this organisation are rare as they are a sought after employer. You will not find this position being advertised elsewhere.
If you feel you have the above skills and experience, please apply online today.
This role is being handled by Emily Powell in Pearson Whiffin's Engineering & Construction Division