|Job Ref:||204669102||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Cumbria||Address:||Post Code:||CA9||Salary:||£35000/annum||Post Date:||14/10/2016 03:18|
JOB TITLE: Design Coordinator|
LOCATION: Drigg, Cumbria
SALARY AND BENEFITS: £35,000 + Benefits
A multi-skilled organisation operating in the construction, asset management and project investment sectors, offering services to a diverse range of clients in the UK and Ireland.
YOU MUST HAVE THE FOLLOWING:
* Liaised with project teams to deliver to design
* Experience working in heavily regulated industry
* A background in civil engineering
* Experience liaising with designers, subcontractors and suppliers
* Experience in managing the design process
* Managing permanent and temporary works designs for live projects and tenders
* Managing the design process, with a focus on build-ability and efficiency, to ensure the optimum solution is arrived at
* Liaising with tender and project teams to ensure design is developed in line with expectations
* Ensuring a design programme is prepared and agreed with each designer
* Incorporating the design programme into the main programme.
* Meeting with designers on a regular basis to ensure the design is developing as planned
* Monitoring progress of the design and works and updating the programme as necessary
* Ensuring the design is managed in accordance with the relevant quality procedures
* Providing design input as required for tender submissions
* Providing construction methodology input and incorporating in the programme where required
* Managing the flow of information from the design team and advising the project team of any impact on progress or programme
* Providing necessary information to the procurement department to enable procurement of materials and subcontractors
* Preparing handover documents
* Introducing improvements and innovations where appropriate
* Liaising with the Commercial and Project Management teams on commercial aspects relevant to the role as required
We look forward to receiving applications from candidates meeting the minimum criteria listed above. Please apply electronically or call Ryan Dobie on NA.
Rullion Engineering Limited is a highly experienced recruitment business serving Utilities, Nuclear, Transport, Oil and Gas, Power, Petro-Chemical, Manufacturing, Construction, Telecommunications, Trades and International businesses.
Our customer focussed approach and innovative approach to business has ensured our rise to becoming one of the industry's foremost manpower and recruitment businesses
Should the above position not be right for you but you feel that your technical expertise fits with the above market sectors, please do contact us and one of our experienced consultants will be on hand to discuss in detail how we may be able to help