|Job Ref:||204668877||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Nationwide||Address:||Salary:||£45000 - £55000/annum car allowance pension||Post Date:||14/10/2016 03:18|
We are currently recruiting for a number of experienced Site Managers to join our fast growing and highly successful team here in the UK.|
The role of a Site Manager is to manage all elements of site activity from mobilisation through to project closure and demobilisation. This will involve managing the activity of contractors as well as its employees. The highest priority for a Site Manager is to ensure that all of staff and contractors are carrying out their work to the correct Health and Safety standards.
The Site Manager will also work closely with Project Managers and contractors to ensure that installation programmes are properly planned and integrated across all site activity and of course that project timing milestones are met.
* Overall responsibility for Health & Safety and act as a safety representative to ensure that all staff and contractors are carrying out their work to the correct safety standards.
* Liaise with the Project Manager on the specific requirements of the project.
* Work closely with the Project Manager / Supervisors and all sub-contractors to ensure that installation programmes are properly planned and integrated across all site activity and of course that project milestones are met.
* Ensure, in conjunction with the Project Manager that all installations meet the quality standards required
* Collate and record all sub-contractor RAMS.
* Attend client co-ordination meetings.
* Hold daily/weekly sub-contractor co-ordination meetings to ensure good progress is being made and is likely to be maintained.
* Given the nature of the role and that it is project based, the Site Manager must be flexible with respect to working hours and have an aptitude for managing and motivating the site team.
* To be the first point of contact for First Aid cover.
* Write and distribute a weekly progress report of site activities and to highlight any potential delays to the issued project programme.
* To be proactive in ensuring that the work being overseen by the mechanical and electrical site supervisors is to the correct standard.
* Ensuring that all mechanical and electrical installation work is complete and that the entire project has been snagged, documented and closed out prior to any of the sub-contractors leaving site.
* During the project life time the Site Manager will report to the Project Manager but line management responsibility remains with the Installation Manager.
* Previous experience in a similar position at a supervisory level
* Currently be a holder of either of these qualifications: NEBOSH (General or Construction) / IOSH Managing Safely Certificate / SMSTS / SSSTS or similar.
* Minimum of a City and Guilds Qualification in a mechanical or electrical discipline
* Working knowledge of CDM regulations
* An MEWP's License is preferred
* First Aid at Work qualifications are desirable
* Excellent communications skills at all levels
* Ability to work away from home in the UK and Europe
Proactive Company Description
* Automated warehousing
* Parcel & postal
* Machine building
* Water, waste management & recycling
* Theme parks
* If you have the above skills and wish to be considered for this position or find out more details then please contact Matthew Crate-Fox on (Apply online only) or submit your CV to (url removed). Proactive also offer a referral scheme for successful applicants - if you know anyone that could be suited to this position then please contact Proactive with their details and if they are placed by Proactive you will receive between £(Apply online only). *T&Cs apply. I will endeavour to contact all applicants however if you do not hear from me within two weeks then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful.
Proactive Technical Recruitment is committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
Proactive Technical Recruitment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy