|Job Ref:||204668822||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Norfolk||City:||King's Lynn||Address:||Salary:||£12.61 - £18.91/hour||Post Date:||18/10/2016 14:21|
Plasma Cutting CNC Machine Operator|
A well respected, local, family operated engineering company are looking for an experienced Plasma Cutting CNC Machine Operator who has the ability to manage their own workload.
You will be working in a spacious facility that only houses the Plasma Cutting CNC machine, has its own office, a shutter door that opens directly outside for deliveries and 2 overhead cranes. Yours will be a self-managing role where you look at when parts are needed for the current projects and ensure they are completed on time.
The machine you will be using is a high definition "Esprit Plasma Cutter with Oxy Fuel Burner" which has a burning table 10 metres by 3 metres and is capable of cutting up to 75 mm thick metal and 150 mm using the Oxy Fuel. You would work solely on this machine and manage the whole process. The office computer is linked to the drawing office so files are transferred easily. With your AutoCAD skills you will use "Procut" to draw pieces needed outside of the main design files.
As a Plasma Cutting CNC Machine Operator your duties would include:
* Managing the process ensuring parts are ready when needed.
* Taking ownership of the operation, maintenance and cleaning
* Unloading deliveries and loading onto the machine.
* Fettling the parts and ensuring the quality is always correct.
* Programming using NC files from the drawing office and Procut to create parts needed outside of this.
* Identifying and labelling the parts produced.
* Maintaining stock levels of consumables
The Ideal Plasma Cutting Machine Operator would have:
* Good experience operating, maintaining and cleaning a Plasma Cutting CNC machine.
* Background in structural steel and heavy fabrication processing.
* Confident handling metal and the process.
* Understanding of how to cut from sheets of metal for optimum efficiency.
* AutoCAD and computer skills to draw parts to upload to the Plasma Cutting machine.
* Forklift, Side Loader and Overhead Crane licences for unloading lorries and loading onto the Plasma Cutting Machine.
* Ambitious mentality to produce all the company's parts and potentially for external sales.
Plasma Cutting CNC Machine Operator
In return you will receive £12.61 per hour and £18.91 per hour for every hour of overtime after 8 hours each day. It is weekly pay and with Sundays double time (£25.22) as is Bank Holidays where you also get another day's holiday if your work them. Your usual working day is 7am till 4pm but you will suite this accordingly, sometimes coming in early or staying late to match the workflow. You will receive all relevant PPE needed for the role and have the option of being part of the company pension