|Job Ref:||204668695||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Cheshire||City:||Warrington||Address:||Post Code:||MK46||Salary:||£35500/annum Bonus, pension, healthcare, holidays||Post Date:||14/10/2016 03:18|
Rullion Engineering Limited are currently recruiting on behalf of a large Utilities company based in the Northwest for a Civil Engineer on a permanent basis. We have been providing our client with experienced Individuals for over 10 years helping to deliver a high number of projects within the Industry.|
* The Engineer Civil reports to the Senior Engineer and is responsible for delivery of all their technical related activities within Engineering and potentially across the organisation.
* You will work closely and maintain strong relationships with other disciplines and internal clients (e.g. PEM's). You will provide engineering support including design and technical engineering advice to all areas. The main areas are likely to be the capital programme, operational support and studies & investigations.
* Responsible for the delivery of a range of projects, studies and investigations throughout the business, including data gathering and analysis, design, preparation of documents, drawings and specifications, review of proposals by others and providing advice and responses to other team members.
* You will deputise for a Senior Engineer, raising the profile of the client's technical leadership in the water industry and other sectors. Organising and managing commission orders e.g. to the ESP or external modelling contracts, you will be responsible for the development & improvement of the client's Engineering standards and procedures.
* To undertake all activities in accordance with Health and Safety Legislation and Accepted Practice
* Working closely and maintaining strong relationships with engineering and programme managers within their delivery area and with all internal clients and partners
* Leading a team of technical resources and having responsibility for technical decision-making
* Responsible for the technical delivery of projects within budget and programme to all internal clients
* To undertake all activities in accordance with an appropriate Quality Management System e.g. checked and verified calculations, drawings, specifications, and the client's Company Standards
* Providing technical consistency
* Owner of standards relating to technical software and hardware
* Support for the improvement of the external profile of the client
* To maintain and develop their own engineering expertise
* Act as the Designer in accordance with CDM
Knowledge and Skills
* Professional engineer with some postgraduate or equivalent experience, and capable of achieving chartered or equivalent status.
* Technically competent.
* An ability to influence technical solutions across the whole of the business
* Experience in being part of multi-disciplinary teams in highly technical and commercial environments
* Experience in delivering capital and strategic projects and providing operational support in the water industry or other sectors.
* Experience gained by delivering projects across the complete project lifecycle from needs to concept and feasibility through to detailed design, technical assurance, testing & commissioning and final handover.
* Understanding of UK and International technical policy, strategy, standards etc.
* Technical credibility and experience in presenting technical papers
* Have knowledge of water, wastewater and sludge treatment processes and hydraulic design, together with knowledge and experience of company standards, procedures and technologies. A working knowledge is required of the interfaces with other disciplines.
* Experience in data gathering and analysis.
* Ability to communicate, to both technical and non-technical audiences, concepts and ideas regarding the application of particular designs.
* Knowledge of the operational environments, operator skill levels and operating cost implications of the proposed Engineering solutions.
* Awareness of process and construction risks analysis techniques
* Demonstrate a personal commitment and encourage commitment in others to safety in all aspects of work.
* Required to work on their own and as a member of a team.
* The ability to write clear, concise, accurate reports and specifications with measurable outputs is important as well as the ability to promote these "best of breed" standards and designs to others.
Should your application be successful and you are offered the role, a number of pre-employment checks need to be carried out before your appointment can be confirmed. Any offer of employment with our client will be subject to a satisfactory checking report from the Disclosure Scotland / the Disclosure and Barring Service