|Job Ref:||204668563||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Cambridgeshire||City:||Ely||Address:||Post Code:||CF5||Salary:||£25000 - £35000/annum||Post Date:||14/10/2016 03:18|
An exciting opportunity is available for an experienced Maintenance Engineer to support the plant and machinery within a multinational company's production sites in Ely.|
Machinery includes CNC machine tools, hydraulic press tools, robot automated gluing, laser cutting and a range of specialist application electro-mechanical machinery.
The successful candidate will be flexible within their working hours, depending on job demands.
Applications from ex-military personnel i.e. Navy, Royal Air Force (RAF) or Army are strongly encouraged.
* Dealing with unscheduled breakdowns and repairs
* Procuring specialist parts from original equipment companies
* Scheduling and conducting routine planned maintenance work and responding to equipment breakdowns
* Fault finding and repairing breakdowns
* Installation of new parts and testing equipment to check it is working correctly
* Managing maintenance tools and equipment
* Working with specialist machinery, such as programmable logic controllers (PLC)
* Aiding Engineering with the design and specification of new machinery
Knowledge, skills and qualifications required:
* Good knowledge of Mechanical Assembly, Hydraulics and Pneumatics
* Demonstrable sound decision-making and work on individually or within a team
* Good Communication skills
* Be able to establish good rapport with staff, key partners, suppliers and contractors
* Have a systematic and structured approach to problem solving
* Experience of computerised maintenance scheduling systems
* Ideally supported by a technical qualification such as HNC or HND in electro-mechanical or mechanical engineering
* Current knowledge of relevant health and safety legislation
* Electrical Engineering
* PLC and CNC knowledge
* Ability to fault find on a control panel to component level and read circuit diagrams.
Interested applicants will be expected to complete and return by email a simple application form to which CVs must be pasted.
Salary: £25,000 - £35,000