|Job Ref:||204668254||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Crawley||Address:||Post Code:||RH10||Salary:||£33000 - £45000/annum||Post Date:||14/10/2016 03:18|
Project Engineer - West Sussex - £35-45kpa plus benefits |
Our West Sussex based client is a market leader in the design, development and manufacture of high cost/low volume capital equipment.
Due to promotion they require an Industrial Project Engineer to attend meetings and represent the Industrial and Test department. You will also be required to contact suppliers and assist in resolving technical issues and establish root cause and put in place effective preventative action; assist in production reliability projects; have a hands on approach to generate workshop models by modifying existing components on mill / lathe if required; and understand and document improvements in existing production methods and accompanying documentation.
* Day to day technical support for the resolution of build problems.
* Design and documentation of the build process.
* Participation in the Engineering Change process.
* Participation in New Product Development Projects, especially with regard to design for Manufacture, and Production start up.
* Participation in Manufacturing improvement projects.
* Raise purchase requisitions for purchasing of tooling and equipment.
* Authorisation of change requests for advance action.
* Authorisation of Non Conformance Reports when the documented build process cannot be followed
* Authorisation of amendments to Production documents.
* HNC Mechanical- or Electrical / electronics or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
* Knowledge of manufacturing processes with experience in project management and six sigma methodologies preferred
* Ability to use a CAD -Solid Edge / equivalent drawing package.
* Ability to work unsupervised under own initiative.
* Dynamic and willingness to learn and open to new ideas.
* Excellent skill in verbal and written communication.
* Must be able to use Microsoft Office applications.
* Current valid passport with the ability to travel domestically and internationally.
* Current driving licence.
For more details please contact Steve Read at Search Technical.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age