|Job Ref:||204668095||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||West Midlands||Address:||Post Code:||WV14||Salary:||£30000/annum||Post Date:||14/10/2016 03:18|
Injection Moulding Technician/Process Engineer|
Based in West Midlands
Job ref: KS/32195
Contracted Hours: Days
Environment: Factory - busy, high volume FMCG manufacturing and assembly
Primary objective of this position: Responsible for establishing the optimum process parameters of all Injection Mould tools and ancillaries, ensuring that all plant and equipment is fit for purpose. To assist in developing and fostering a continuous improvement culture, continually seeking out cost reduction and efficiency improvement initiatives.
Responsibilities and Performance Measures for this role:
• Responsible for establishing the setting parameters of new mould tools to budgeted cycle times and material weight.
• Responsible for the maintenance of all company setting records for all processes and robots.
• Responsible to for maintaining all equipment on Injection Moulding processes including tools and ancillary equipment as directed by Technical Manager.
• Responsible for ensuring all Injection Moulding processes are running efficiently when in Production run mode.
• Responsible for the completion and recording of all Quality checks as specified by the Quality Department.
• Responsible for the care and maintenance of all Injection Moulding ancillary equipment ensuring they are suitable for the tasks required.
• Responsible for maintaining a safe working environment ensuring all gangways are kept free from hazards and all componentry and equipment is stored in the correct location.
• Responsible for ensuring that all Company procedures, paperwork and methods are adhered to and up to date
• Responsible for ensuring all quality standards are met and appropriate departments informed of non-conformities
Other Responsibilities & Duties:
• Responsible for KPIs: OEE, efficiency, quality and conformance.
• Responsible for the training of all machine operators to do the task they are required to perform
• Responsible for ensuring all work is completed safely and with relevant authorisation
• Complete line output summaries during shift.
• Undertake fault analysis and corrective actions when required
• Be an active member of the Plastic Processing Production team across all areas and support CIT activities on the shop floor
• Assist in Maintaining and updating component parameters and registers
• Assist in the repair of equipment with technicians and other setters where necessary
• Identify equipment not fit for purpose.
• Provide day-to-day support to peers and managers as required
• Ensure all pre-production checks are completed in accordance with agreed procedures
• Prepare for and assist in stock checks as required by the Company
• Operate any machine within Plastic Processing when not required in Injection Moulding.
Minimum Qualifications / Experience required:
• Have experience of setting and monitoring Injection Moulding processes
• Good mechanical knowledge
• Instruct team members in the correct application and use of PPE
• Manage all materials for the line/cell in an accurate and proper manner
• Manage and control hazardous substances in accordance with appropriate legislation
Key behavioural competencies:
• Must have a positive and challenging approach to the work environment and fully understand and embrace a continuous improvement culture
• Capable of working under limited supervision
• Tenacious and driven to succeed in a demanding and testing environment
• Able to effectively and positively manage and support the process organisational change
• Works effectively with other departments to achieve a good result for the business as a whole
• Able to maintain discipline within the team at all times (e.g. managing breaks and work tasks)
• High degree of flexibility / initiative, with the ability to communicate across all departments
• Good temperament - can deal with difficult or pressurised situations
• Confident and accurate decision maker
• Calm, clear thinker - even when under pressure
• Practical and hands on
• Awareness of manufacturing pressures and needs to keep equipment operating
Additional skill requirements:
• Can deal with situations to ensure outside influences do not effect performance of department
• Influencing skills within own and Management peer group
• Good sense of urgency and responsiveness to "Setting" situations
• Awareness to permanently resolve all equipment inefficiencies
• Manage demanding individuals to achieve results and Company targets
• Analyse, review and help implement agreed changes within production
• Capable of performing administrative work, miscellaneous paperwork, and data collection
For EU roles, candidates must be eligible to work and live in the European Union.
Proof of eligibility will be required with your application.
Listgrove Ltd - Celebrating 40 Successful Years of UK and International Recruitment and HR Services
PLASTICS - PETROCHEMICALS - PACKAGING - CHEMICALS - ENERGY - ENVIRONMENT
Listgrove Limited Registered in England No: 1197713