|Job Ref:||204667757||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Normanton||Address:||Post Code:||NG32||Salary:||£39000 - £51000/annum||Post Date:||14/10/2016 03:18|
Large International Consultancy working on the MAC Contract for Highways England in Yorkshire require a Geotechnical Asset Specialist.|
Excellent opportunity to work on a Roads/Highway Specialist in the UK. Your role will incorporate activities around the development of road asset renewal schemes with a specific emphasis on Geotechnical schemes.
You will manage a small team, mitigating risk to the highway network of geotechnical asset.
The Main responsibilities e.g. health & safety, professional, technical operation, managerial, administrative:
* Assist the Roads Asset Lead in managing geotechnical assets in the Yorkshire highway network
* Act as the client front line associate/focus for all issues relating to the geotechnical asset
* Fulfils the following Asset Data Management Manual named asset data governance roles - Geotechnical Maintenance Liaison Engineer (GMLE)
* Identifying geotechnical asset renewal needs and entering these onto the business asset need management system such that they feed into the clients forward programme of renewal activities
* Assist the Roads Asset Development Lead to develop geotechnical asset renewal scheme alongside other asset teams to aid in the production of an integrated five year rolling programme of work
* Play a role in the co-ordinated development and preliminary design of geotechnical asset renewal schemes including drawings, reports and calculations, in accordance with Highways England standards including the DMRB, IANs, MCHW, etc
* Responsible for the preparation of the Geotechnical Asset Management Plan (GAMP)
* Approve all geotechnical asset information recorded on the Highways Agency Geotechnical Data Management System or successor systems (IAMS IS when implemented).
* Undertake geotechnical asset inspections and input data into the Highways Agency Geotechnical Data Management System.
* Liaise with the Highways England Professional Technical Services geotechnical staff regarding HD22/08 geotechnical certification issues and any geotechnical works within Area 12.
* Undertake and check geotechnical calculation in line with Eurocode 7: Geotechnical Design.
* Working in accordance with the A-one+ Integrated Business Management System, ensuring that all scheme development follows the relevant processes and procedures
* Providing technical advice and guidance for less experienced members of the Roads Asset Development Team, promoting a culture of technical excellence and mentoring junior team members
* Preparation and presentation of Geotechnical asset renewal schemes at technical and scoring continuous value management workshops in accordance with the requirements of the latest revision of Highway Englands Project Control Framework
* Provide, in conjunction with the Roads Asset Lead, specialist advice and network Intelligence to the scheme delivery teams, integrated working groups, Highways England and other key stakeholders
If this role is of interest or you require more information, please do not hesitate to contact me on (Apply online only)
Calibre Search promotes equality in the workplace and acts as both an employment agency and employment business