|Job Ref:||204672908||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||Erith||Address:||Post Code:||DA8||Post Date:||14/10/2016 03:18|
Senior Engineering Manager|
To manage, co-ordinate and lead strategy of the Engineering Operations function of the customer fulfilment centre ensuring the efficient and cost effective service to the operational customers.
Management of the department, ensuring close working relationships and coordination between the Engineering support function and the Operation, Buildings Technology and Engineering and Business Project teams to optimise availability and performance of the facility, and its MHE automation.
To set objectives for and monitor the performance of first line managers and team leaders. Focus on continuous improvement and champion change in all areas of MHE, operations, people and customer.
Key performance areas:
* Managing and delivering to department KPIs, including
* Inbound and Outbound maintenance
* MHE performance
* Engineering Stores availability
* Performance & development of department
* Driving and managing change
* Continuous Improvement
* Engineering Training
* Managing Costs - setting and managing to budget
* All aspects of Safety
* Roles & Responsibilities
* Plan and co-ordinate Engineering Operations activities through First Line Managers, ensuring the required level of service is delivered to customers
* Maintain and improve performance levels of immediate team and coach behaviours in first line reports to maximise efficiency / effectiveness in line with site KPIs.
* Monitor the effectiveness of corrective actions and introduce preventative measures where appropriate.
* Lead site improvement programmes.
* Propose innovative ideas to enhance the warehouse functions and improve the general running of the business.
* Deliver a high availability level within the operation to maximise our customer experience.
* Maintain and enhance the quality systems to ensure the site's continuous improvement in a total quality environment.
* Prepare, manage and work within the departmental budget to assist in overall achievement of targets.
* Ensure site standards are high. Apply an excellence approach to all activities and site standards and ensure is demonstrated by self and team.
* Support the CFC Operation by being proactive and achieving targets within agreed timescales.
* Ensure effective communications within the Operational Team, ensuring the same message is delivered across the operation.
* Responsible for communication of issues/information to senior management.
* Create and manage processes for information feedback to Central engineering and projects.
* Ensure all requirements relating to safety, health, environment and quality are being fully implemented in the warehouse in line with company guidelines.
* Ensure team is compliant with all Hygiene and Safety statutory requirements.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
* People manager with demonstrate-able experience within a relevant industry and business function
* Understanding of Engineering systems
* Further education to degree level
* Project management aptitude
* Nebosh National General Certificate
Communication Skills: - Ability to communicate at all levels, within the business and with suppliers.
Administrative Skills: - Ability to organise, prioritise and maintain relevant information to support the business.
Sound analytical skills, good problem solver.
* Good Communication and team skills
* Excellent Customer Service and relationship building skills
* Creative ability to develop new ideas and implement improvements.
* People management skills, ability to manage and negotiate with diverse customer and supplier requirements