|Job Ref:||204672904||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Renfrew||Address:||Post Code:||PA4||Post Date:||14/10/2016 03:19|
Experienced Principal Estimator - Permanent Opportunity - Renfrew - Global Leader in Power Engineering |
Cordant Nuclear, Power & Process are an exclusive Recruitment Partner to a global force in power engineering. They are specialists in asset support, maintenance, repair, modernisation and upgrade services across a range of sectors which include:
* Oil & Gas
We are recruiting for a top class Principal Estimator to join our Project Controls Function and support projects within our Process, Thermal and Nuclear sectors.
You will have the ability to develop, manage, compile and deliver periodic estimates for projects through the project life-cycle. By working closely with project management, engineering, procurement and construction teams, you will have the ability to assemble project estimates by preparing Total Investment Cost estimates and the creation of breakdown work structures. This in turn will ensure baseline estimates are in place with fully defined scope and engineering deliverables. By building the right relationships and becoming an integral part of Project Controls Function, the principal estimator be successful in delivering positive results in project profitability, workforce engagement and coordination of the estimating project team.
This role requires a Principal Estimator with extensive experience in cost estimating. You will have experience within the Thermal, Process or Nuclear, ideally estimating EPC projects and MUST have experience with NEC3 Contracts. You will be able to demonstrate an excellent understanding of Earned Value Management and demonstrate experience in providing estimates for multi-disciplined design engineering teams.
* The allocation of work for the estimating
* Produce Estimates from minimal information or immature design and ascertain the Estimate uncertainty.
* Hands on preparation of detailed bottom up TIC (Total Investment Cost) estimates
* Creation of Work Breakdown Structure in line with project control requirements.
* Development of initial Class III and Control Class II estimates at appropriate points in project life cycle.
* Review and verification of Scope Clarifications and Specification enquiries pre-submission.
* Establish Risk apportioned to the estimate and establish Estimate classification
* Verification and Validation of Estimates pre-submission.
* Development and documentation of Basis of estimates
* Configuration control of basis of estimate updates and consequent estimate iterations
* Liaison /coordination with project Management, Engineering, Procurement and Construction team in assembling estimate base data
* Liaison with and responses to Client Cost/Commercial team
* Collate/Maintain estimating norms and historical data
* Implementation of current estimating processes and developing new processes as required.
* Supporting Estimate and Contract Handover to project team.
* Supporting the implementation of the new systems and working practices required for Commercial Projects
* Undertake estimates of project scope changes as and when these arise and updating overall estimate accordingly
* Liaise closely with the planning and delivery teams
* Liaise with internal and external customers to substantiate estimates as required
Qualifications / Experience Required
* HNC/HND in an engineering or project management discipline or equivalent - Essential
* BA/BSc in an engineering or project management discipline or equivalent - Preferred
Points of Appeal
* Huge organisation with global presence
* Huge opportunity to progress within the company
* Competitive salary
* 37 hour week
If your are interested in this opportunity and would like to discuss more in relation to this opportunity, please contact Joanne Macfarlane on (Apply online only). Please also submit your CV.
In respect of the above role(s), Cordant Recruitment Limited operates as an Employment Agency as defined under the Employment Agencies Act 1973.
Cordant is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy