|Job Ref:||204667662||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Leicestershire||City:||Leicester||Address:||Post Code:||LE1||Salary:||£45000 - £60000/annum car, pension and life cover||Post Date:||14/10/2016 03:18|
My client is a leading supplier and systems integrator of highly dynamic, automated logistics solutions for warehousing, production, picking and distribution operations. The company designs, manufactures and installs a complete range of solutions, from small conveyor applications to complex, fully automated storage and retrieval systems.|
Purpose of the Role:
The Controls System Project Manager will provide professional Project Management leadership to the controls team, allowing them to implement high quality control systems projects throughout the UK and Northern Europe Hub.
They will ensure the effective management of the controls element of all projects, helping to ensure all contracts are completed on time, within budget and to agreed specifications so that always meet our customers' expectations.
* Assist in the development of company standards for sales specifications, quotations / costing models, design, procurement, installation, commissioning, testing, handover and support.
* Ensure that the detailed controls design, manufacture of products, testing, delivery, installation, commissioning and documentation meets the customer's requirements and contract specification.
* Ensure the implementation of all relevant UK, European, Company and Customer standards.
* Manage specific tasks and identified projects (including risks) which are allocated to you and to ensure the overall success of the Project within technical, programme and financial constraints.
* Communicate effectively, professionally and in a timely manner with internal personnel, external customers, consultants and subcontractors.
* Deputise for Project Managers (where nominated) in his/her absence to ensure that other members of the team are working effectively and in a professional manner.
* Facilitate electrical design using the latest technology, preferred engineering techniques and group tools to maximise efficiency.
* Attend and participate in regular Contract Reviews with project staff working within your team to review planning and to ensure that any issues are identified and promptly resolved.
* Regularly visit supplier premises and construction sites to monitor progress, quality and planning for future work.
* Ensure that variations are identified and brought to the attention of the project manager as soon as they occur and that information and associated work are processed internally and externally. Includes preparation of cost estimates to recover any changes/variations.
* Review periodically the specific project design and ensure internal feedback to relevant internal departments (i.e. Tendering, R & D etc.)
* Prepare technical specifications (and drawings) for sub-contract equipment and participate in supplier tender assessments/negotiations.
* Actively manage all aspects of subcontracted packages from order to final acceptance.
* Participate in Order Review meetings with clients and suppliers.
* Attend customer sites where required to identify, analyse and rectify issues and faults relating to control system function.
A relevant qualification in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering
Strong experience in the design and delivery of controls systems
Project Management experience gained within an Engineering environment
Previous experience of site installation and management
Skilled in using AutoCAD to understand mechanical and electrical drawings
Ability to lead and motivate teams of people, both internal teams and sub-contractors
Highly customer focused with excellent communications skills
Background in Material Handling/Automation Industry
If you have the above skills and wish to be considered for this position or find out more details then please contact Matthew Crate-Fox on (Apply online only) or submit your CV to (url removed). Proactive also offer a referral scheme for successful applicants - if you know anyone that could be suited to this position then please contact Proactive with their details and if they are placed by Proactive you will receive between £(Apply online only). *T&Cs apply
I will endeavour to contact all applicants however if you do not hear from me within two weeks then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful.
Proactive Technical Recruitment is committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
Proactive Technical Recruitment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy