|Job Ref:||204670527||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||South Devon||Address:||Post Date:||14/10/2016 03:19|
Junior Process Engineer|
Competitive Salary plus excellent benefits package including:- Company Pension, Life Assurance, Company Sick Pay, subsidised canteen, on-site parking, Private Health Care, 25 days holidays plus bank holidays.
Purpose of the Role:
• To support production operations by provision of Milling, EDM Grinding expertise and robust and cost effective engineering solutions that meet Customer requirements.
• Proactively identify and develop continuous improvement opportunities across all departments; provide technical expertise to production on new product introduction and improvements to existing processes and procedures.
• Work closely with the Commercial Department and prospective customers to develop quotes for the business having due regard to engineering and manufacturing capabilities of the Company.
Duties & Responsibilities will include:
• Primarily working with Value Streams, to further the Company's Milling and Grinding expertise and develop products and processes to further its current marketplace position as the business expands and grows.
• Introduce and develop technical engineered solutions that meet customer needs and specifications. Working alongside customers to fully understand their technical requirements and quality standards and develop cost effective and improved manufacturing processes that meet these.
• Ensure up to date knowledge and expertise is maintained in the latest technology and manufacturing processes and procedures and maximise their use for the benefit of the business.
• Produce reports including cost benefit analysis and recommendations on how the latest technology and engineering processes can be utilised for the benefit of the business.
• Produce and communicate Works Instructions/Standard Operating Procedures in order to ensure that they are effective in meeting customer requirements and quality standards and are both cost effective and efficient in terms of manufacturing operations.
• Develop and provide appropriate training and guidance for Process Technicians and Operators in application of new processes.
• Monitor equipment use and effectiveness, identify problems arising and develop effective and timely solutions using such tools as statistical process analysis, TPM; monitor and evaluate gauging trends etc.
• Facilitate and lead Operation Teams in practical problem solving techniques utilising a PDCA approach through skills such as Pareto, Cause & Effect, 5-why, gauge R&R, SPC and control charts.
You will need:
• To be able to demonstrate that you are a proven expert in a number of manufacturing techniques - of utmost importance is Grinding complex materials and EDM experience.
• Development of fixtures and tooling.
• Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement.
• Project Management and implementation of NPI.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to prioritise and manage conflicting demands whilst meeting operational deadline requirements.
• Min. HNC level qualification or equivalent in a relevant technical discipline.
• High level of computer skills including using relevant software in order to fulfil requirements of the role e.g. CAD, CAM, SPC and other programs.
• High level of numeracy and literacy.
• Proven ability in latest problem solving techniques.
This is a great and exciting opportunity to join a successful company in South Devon.
South Devon offers a wonderful mix of stunning coastlines and breath-taking countryside as well as quaint villages, bustling market towns and vibrant cities, not forgetting it is also home to prestigious, successful, expanding, manufacturing companies.
South Devon's coastline is truly beautiful and is covered with soft golden sands in hidden coves and large family friendly beaches.
South Devon's countryside stretches from the sea to Dartmoor National Park - dramatic landscapes which include beautiful green countryside, a patchwork of farmland, river valleys and wooded hills.
Job Ref: AN6381
anew South West is acting as an employment agency