|Job Ref:||204670489||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Wakefield||Address:||Post Code:||WF2||Salary:||£25000 - £30000/annum dependant upon experience||Post Date:||14/10/2016 03:19|
Draughtsperson / Design Engineer (SolidWorks)|
The Company: -
Welcome to Acoustic Applications - a company with over 30 years' experience in solving complex industrial noise and environmental problems across a wide variety of industries including aerospace, defence, construction, manufacturing, materials handling, chemical oil & gas, power generation, steel making, and many more. We design, manufacture & install bespoke enclosure systems (to contain noisy equipment, machinery & processes) and environmentally-controlled enclosures (to aid and protect sensitive operational and/or manufacturing activities) along with other non-acoustic fabrications and structural steelwork for the Building Industry.
Accredited to `ISO9001:2008', and to the Steel Construction Certification Scheme (SCCS) for Fabrication & Welding of structural steelwork to `Execution Class 2' to `BS EN 1090-2:2008+A1:2011' for Load Bearing and Structural Steel Components, our versatile team of highly skilled engineers work with our clients to provide a turnkey package, managing the projects from conception to completion throughout the UK and overseas.
The Role: -
As a result of the company's success in being awarded a number of major design & build contracts, we are now actively seeking to recruit an experienced draughtsperson / design engineer to support our existing engineering project team. The successful candidate will report to the engineering project manager, and support senior engineers with the design, manufacture and installation of fabricated noise control products. This is an exciting opportunity for an engineer to join a rapidly expanding company with an enviable and developing client base, with future progression to a project management based position.
Key Responsibilities / Main Duties (Will Include But Not Limited To): -
- Understand and interpret design proposal drawings and associated build specifications.
- Produce high quality detailed manufacturing drawings utilising SolidWorks.
- Prepare technical documentation including bills of material, cutting lists, parts lists, assembly instructions etc. for use during the manufacture, assembly and installation of noise control equipment.
- Provide technical support, both in-house and on site to both our own personnel and subcontractors during the manufacture, assembly & installation of equipment.
- Accompany senior engineers during customer visits to carry out site surveys, measure-ups etc.
- Qualified to HNC / Degree level in a related engineering discipline.
- Familiar with steel construction materials and associated build standards, experienced in structural engineering and manufacturing, associated welding, welding procedures and specifications.
- Experience with sheet metal and basic fabrication processes.
- Proficient in the use of SolidWorks, particularly when considering the production of detailed manufacturing drawings to support the company's production activities.
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude and a good work ethic (i.e. dedicated, adaptable, conscientious and entirely reliable).
- Able to work with sole responsibility or as part of a project team.
- Comfortable working under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Possess good communication skills.
- Driving Licence essential / Non-Smoker preferable.
Application: If you feel that you have the relevant qualifications and/or experience to be successful in this position and would like to find out more, please forward your current CV by clicking 'Apply now' below.
Acoustic Applications is an Equal Opportunities employer.
All applications will be dealt with in the strictest confidence