|Job Ref:||204669504||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||WA3||Address:||Post Date:||14/10/2016 03:18|
We are working with a consultancy that specialises in engineering & safety assessment and management to the nuclear industry. They ensure, through their expert knowledge of engineering, safety, human factors, waste management, decommissioning and radioactive materials, that all nuclear projects are delivered safety and to full compliance.|
Roles and Responsibilities:
An opportunity has arisen for a Senior Process Engineer to support a multi-discipline engineering consultancy specialising in nuclear and waste engineering projects.
The Senior Process Engineer will integrate operational engineering multi-disciplines teams delivering projects at various phases, from FEED to commissioning, or in assistance to Plant Operation in the UK.
The assignments will be on projects:
• Deliver and manage technical studies,
• Design of chemical processes, from strategic and conceptual phases to detailed design and construction & commissioning phase support. Typical deliverables will be issued: technical note, substantiation notes, process flow diagrams, process flow-sheets (chemical and radiological), P&IDs, specifications for instrumentation, automations, equipment and sampling, hazards and malfunctions management,
• Technical studies related to waste management: waste retrieval and conditioning, waste route and final package, definition of best options and techniques available, and overall decontamination, decommissioning and dismantling strategies, technologies and processes,
• The individual will have proven experience working on UK nuclear sites with a strong knowledge of UK regulations on waste. They will have a strong ability to deliver commercially efficient solutions
• Member of relevant professional body
• Demonstrable experience of engineering design (development, FEED, detailed design, technical specification, documentation review from supply chain) and engineering team management in the nuclear industry or other regulated sectors
• Demonstrable experience of waste management (retrieval and conditioning processes for interim or long-term storage) and of liquid and gas treatment processes
• Recognised Subject Matter Expert (SME)
• Experience of delivering projects within the nuclear sector.
• Ability to understand complex issues and deliver solutions
• Good communicator, team player and leader
• Good organisation skills
• Effective integration with multiple teams and the overall project
Essential Experience :
• Degree in Chemical or Process Engineering, or other relevant degree
• Proven background in engineering design
• Proven experience of Nuclear and Waste related projects