|Job Ref:||204669452||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Walsall||Address:||Post Code:||WS3||Post Date:||14/10/2016 03:18|
Design Engineer - Walsall |
We are looking for a Design Engineer for a well-established Walsall based Electrical Switchgear Company. They will develop new switchgear and control gear type products for Transport and Industrial markets.
The Design Engineer will be able to work with minimal supervision, be self-motivated, have the ability to translate a written specification into a product design and have a good understanding of the product application. They will be responsible for the design of the new product that will meet the design specification, comply with the relevant product standards and meet the market costs.
- Incremental and new product development including process and productivity improvements and cost reduction
- To implement where possible the latest and best practice technology for all development activities
- To maintain quality of data and ensure integrity of product quality at all times
- To maintain and issue all product development documentation in accordance with the engineering manual
- Actively work towards component count and cost reduction in all developments and to strive to reduce labour content of products
- To ensure product development timescales are adhered to
- To balance work load to ensure best utilisation of available resources
- Provide relevant supervision and support staff with relevant information using appropriate communication methods
- Provides CAD design input in line with relevant Design standards and specification, using CAD software - solid edge desirable
- Must be fully conversant with design for manufacture techniques
- Must have mechanical or electrical design back ground and keen to learn the electrical side of the role, if not experienced
- Plastic moulding design and manufacture experience - desirable
- Must have small mechanism design experience. Analysis experience desirable
- Experience of designing product for Rail Industry desirable
- Issues relevant BOM's, etc, in conjunction with local procedures
- Prioritizes work load of self, in conjunction with project team and project time scale requirements.
- Supports the product development and testing needs of the relevant design program
- Integrates with the design team and design function to play a full and active part in the design projects, suggesting improvements and ways of accelerating the program and reducing costs
- Maintains the design documentation in accordance with CandD design standards
- Appraises self of relevant BS/IEC product standards
- Salary is negotiable dependent upon experience.
- 33 days (including statutory holidays).
- Pension and Bonus.
If you believe you have the relevant skills and experience and wish to apply please send your CV to Philip Delaloye on or call on NA Rail01
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency