|Job Ref:||204669412||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Tyne & Wear||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 14:21|
Tyne & Wear
Job ref: JH/36225
Salary: Commensurate with experience
We are working with a manufacturer of plastic moulded components who are looking to recruit an experienced design engineer with a proven skills in Catia V5.
To lead, coordinate and support local design and development activities to bring new vehicle
products into production.
The right candidate will need:
• To create and maintain and both 3D CAD data and 2D drawings of new and existing parts using Catia V5.
• To liaise with parent company via Video Conference, email and presentations.
• To plan, track and report Quality, Cost and Delivery (QCD) of new projects and design
• To drive and develop cost reductions through the company internally and the customer.
• To work within ISOTS 16949 procedures.
• To create and update genetic DFMEA, tolerance stack ups, GD&T and DFM studies.
• Comply with all H&S regulations.
• A degree in either Mechanical Engineering, Product Design or any other Engineering/Design discipline.
• Customer OEMS (Nissan, Jaguar Land Rover, Honda)
• Suppliers and Toolmakers
• Other members of Design & Development department.
• Quality Assurance department.
• Engineering department.
• Production department.
• Sales & Purchasing department.
Health and Safety:
• To comply with all responsibilities under the company's Health and Safety at Work Policy.
• To ensure all visitors to the department comply with the company's Health and Safety Policy.
• To ensure all equipment and machinery is correctly used and properly maintained.
The successful candidate must have:
• Be able to operate CAD (Catia V5, NX or Solidworks).
• Have at least 5 years experience working in design and development.
• Have injection moulding design experience.
Would prefer candidate to:
• Have intermediate or higher knowledge of Catia V5.
• Have knowledge of automotive industry.
• Have experience of working with Far East.
• Have knowledge of: Vacuum Forming, Assembly Methods, HF Welding and Modern Production Assembly Methods.
For EU roles, candidates must be eligible to work and live in the European Union.
Proof of eligibility will be required with your application.
Listgrove Ltd - Celebrating 40 Successful Years of UK and International Recruitment and HR Services
PLASTICS - PETROCHEMICALS - PACKAGING - CHEMICALS - ENERGY - ENVIRONMENT
Listgrove Limited Registered in England No: 1197713
Visit us at the following exhibitions in 2016 and 2017: FachPack, K 2016, Arabplast, Plastteknik, Interpack, fip Solutions, PDM, Kunststoffen, Interplas, Fakuma
Follow us on: LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Google+,Blogger, Pinterest -
Member of: British Plastics Federation Business Support Network; The Packaging Federation; Society of Plastic Engineers