|Job Ref:||204669343||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Manchester||Address:||Post Code:||M13||Salary:||£33000 - £39000/annum||Post Date:||14/10/2016 03:18|
Job Title: Electrical Project Engineer |
Reporting To: Director, Engineering, RMI Pressure Systems Ltd
Main Purpose of the Role
To work within the overall Engineering Team and to contribute strongly to the design, development, programming, pre-sales and support of new and existing products and systems with an emphasis on Mining and Industrial applications, such as the Oil and Gas market.
To be responsible for the automated test rigs at the Manchester facility
The role is based in Manchester, but will require travel to other countries where RMI product is being marketed and/or sold.
The design of electrical and control systems for new and existing products and systems. Constantly review the market for new and improved controls and instruments appropriate for our products and development.
• Associated electronic / electrical controls and design
• Good application knowledge of PLC-based control systems. Siemens and Allen Bradley preferred
• Good knowledge of commonly-used communication protocols, in particular Industrial Ethernet.
• Extensive industrial experience with high pressure equipment
• Electrical Design experience using at a minimum AutoCAD, but preferably an electrical design package - ideally Solid Works Electrical.
• Control panel design including component specification.
• Creation of bill of materials
• Knowledge of Variable Speed Drive technologies and applications, ideally up to 500 kW. Siemens, Danfoss and Allen Bradley preferred
• Knowledge of MA, ATEX and NEC requirements for Electrical Hardware (Explosion proof and Intrinsically Safe) coupled with mining, and oil and gas industry experience.
• Experience of working successfully in small, mixed-discipline engineering teams.
• Understanding of relevant international engineering standards, including IEC, CE & BS.
• Degree or equivalent in a relevant subject.
• Good communicator, particularly in technical areas to ensure an effective dialogue with engineers and managers - both within the Company and with Customers/Suppliers.
• Remote liaison with multi-discipline engineering teams.
• Travel within the UK as well as abroad.
• Strong problem solving skills.
• Motivated and enthusiastic.
• Committed to a quality culture and continuous improvement.
• Good project time management.
• Able to calculate control panel power consumptions.
• Understanding of voltages and frequencies in other countries