|Job Ref:||204669285||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Plymouth||Address:||Post Code:||PL3||Salary:||£30000 - £35000/annum Competitive||Post Date:||14/10/2016 03:18|
Assistant Program Manager required to join a leading engineering company based in Plymouth offering a terrific salary and excellent benefits package.|
Reporting to the Program Manager the APM's primary role is to maintain an overview of the project's performance by monitoring progress against pre-defined activities and budgets.
The APM will be required to maintain and periodically interrogate the Earned Value Management system for the project. In addition the APM will monitor performance and provide early warning should any deviation from project plans arise. Good presentation skills are required in order to participate in regular progress meetings with internal and external stakeholders. The APM may also at times be required to raise orders and handle various subcontracts.
* Maintain the EVM system by monitoring labour and material spend against specific tasks.
* Regularly interrogate the EVM system to ensure the project is proactively managed.
* Maintain project schedules.
* Manage project resource forecasts.
* Compile Monthly Project Progress Reports.
* Monitor contract compliance.
* Prepare documentation and participate in internal project reviews.
* Prepare documentation and participate in project reviews with client.
* Raise purchase orders and manage subcontracts.
* Have good understanding of Earned Value Management principles.
* 2 years in Engineering and or Manufacturing environment.
* Application of project management principles.
* Proficient in using Microsoft Office software particularly Excel, Project and Word.
* Capable of constructing and maintaining complex project schedules and resource plans.
* Possess good commercial awareness in terms of contracting mechanisms and adherence.
* Able to manage subcontracts.
* Understands the application of quality management practises in a commercial and manufacturing environment.
* Understands design for manufacture processes.
* Minimum of HNC or BTEC level 4 in an engineering discipline.
* Project Management qualification such as APM or Prince.
* Earned Value Management qualification such as APMG.
* Risk Management qualification