|Job Ref:||204669283||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Swadlincote||Address:||Post Code:||DE11||Salary:||£30000 - £35000/annum||Post Date:||14/10/2016 03:18|
Are you an experienced Manufacturing Engineer from an engineering background, interested in this exciting opportunity to join a global manufacturer to the Rail Industry? You will have a background working within a manufacturing company, championing design for manufacture. This role requires someone with an established background in Lean manufacturing principles. In return, they offer an excellent package including pension|
If you are interested in this excellent opportunity, please apply via the link ASAP
Working for a growing company on an exciting journey for WCM status, who:-
- Are Leaders in their field, with a global network of subsidiary companies and agents
- Invest heavily in Research & Development and People
- Have exciting plans including growth over the next few years
As Manufacturing Engineer your duties will include:-
- Reporting to the Lean Implementation Manager
- Reviewing and resolving daily technical production issues.
- Define root causes and implement short and long term solutions.
- Apply Lean tools for maximum efficiency and cost reduction on all manufacturing processes.
- Champion Design for Manufacture at all opportunities whilst liaising with Design Engineers, Sales teams and Project Managers.
- Support all departments on 'voice of the customer` and any return activities.
- Utilise and train others in the use of '5 whys`, Fishbone and 8D tools.
- Implement Poke-Yoke into manufacturing process and future projects.
- Identify and implement standard operations and user friendly work instructions.
- Work with and support correction of errors in the current and future documentation systems.
- Champion and support all requests to populate or use information from the MRP system
- Create presentation to provide data for 'Make or Buy` decisions, on equipment, materials and services.
- Evaluate key equipment and define correct usage parameters.
- Assist in DFMEA / PFMEA on new and existing designs.
- Perform Time Studies.
- Use SMED projects to reduce change over times.
- Perform Value Stream Maps and define future state cells and flow.
- Plan cost for CAPEX and manage new layouts.
- Apply SPC on key processes.
- Experienced Manufacturing or Process Engineer from an Engineering and Manufacturing background
- HNC in Manufacturing or equivalent as a minimum
- Experience of FMEAs
- Experience of using lean tools on a daily basis, including and not limited to; 5S, 5Y, 8Ds, poke yoke, value stream mapping etc
- Excellent communication is essential
- Have a 'hands on, can do` approach
- Computer literate with knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Must have commercial and financial awareness
- Able to deal with multiple issues, tasks and priorities concurrently
- Experience of writing operator based instructions
- Must be able to travel both UK and abroad.
Jenrick Engineering always has a wide range of contract and permanent engineering jobs available within the UK