|Job Ref:||204669258||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Project Mechanical Engineer||Address:||Salary:||£30000 - £35000/annum + pension + life assurance||Post Date:||18/10/2016 14:21|
Project Mechanical Engineer |
Location: Redditch, West Midlands
Role Type: Permanent, Full time
Salary and Benefits: £25,000 - £35,000 depending on experience, flexi-time working, 25 days holiday, pension scheme, life assurance.
A Project Mechanical Engineer is required with experience of design and skills in 2d drawing creation and release. Experience of Plastics and Mouldings would be of advantage in this role.
As a supplier of Driver Information Systems to Original Equipment Manufacturers, this leading company is responsible to provide business, technical, project management, logistic and quality support for its customer base in Europe. Due to winning a large contract the company are now looking for a Project Mechanical Engineer to join its non-manufacturing facility based in Redditch to work alongside and support the engineering team. The role reports in to the Systems Engineering Manager but sits in with the Project Management Team in the Office. Your primary liaison will be with the Project/Programme Managers and Design Team to review Engineering aspects and make Design modifications.
Your role requirements and responsibilities will be as follows:
* Support the mechanical design and development of instrument cluster and HUD technologies, as well as future technologies within the company's portfolio.
* Interface partner for customer projects and the development department in Japan
* Support the project manager in the reporting and problem solving of mechanical issues such as change management, support of the team, document management, and configuration management.
* Securing of the internal handling and processing of customer specific enquiries.
* Reporting of technical designs, development projects and customer activities
* Support the customer in the formal release and development processes
* Expanding on suggestions for improvements and product optimisations
In order to be successful within this role, ideally you will hold the following competencies.
* Degree qualified (or equivalent) in Mechanical Engineering
* Ideally 2-3 years of professional experience and / or project experience
* Sound knowledge in the development of plastic components and the construction of assemblies
* Skills in injection moulding technology and injection moulding materials
* Ideally CATIA V5 or V6 skills
* Ideally skills in 2D drawing creation and release
* Experience in the preparation of FMEAs and tolerance analyses as well as FEM skills.
* Skills in temperature management and in the field of vibrations
* Very good communication skills, mediation skills between customer requirements and technical possibilities
* Problem solving skills ( troubleshooting)
* Diplomatic skills, intuition and a very high service orientation
* Ideally international experience (e.g. In a Japanese company) open for intercultural differences
* Full driving licence preferred.
Please note that you will spend 6-9 months training alongside an engineer from the Japanese team and there may be a need for follow up travel requirements domestically or abroad so some flexibility will be required. If you feel you have the relevant knowledge and experience then please apply today as applications will be undoubtedly be high. If you have any further questions about the role then please contact Kelly King on (Apply online only) or email
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency