|Job Ref:||2016-12506||Employer:||Golder Associates||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United States||County/State:||Florida||City:||Gainesville||Address:||Post Date:||13/10/2016 05:02|
Location: US-Gainesville, FL
Job ID: 2016-12506
Area of Interest: EN - Planning, Design and Project Management
Job Type: Full Time
# of Positions: 1
Education (Minimum): High School Diploma
Posted Date: 9/21/2016
Experience (Years): 7
SLP: J2WCIVILCONST, J2WPROJECTS
Golder Associates is a respected, employee-owned, global company providing consulting, design, and construction services in our specialist areas of earth, environment, and the related areas of energy. From 160 offices worldwide, our more than 6,500 employees work with clients to manage their environmental and engineering activities in a technically sound, economically viable, and socially responsible manner.
Golder Associates Inc. is currently seeking a Civil 3D Designer to join our team in Gainesville, FL.
The successful candidate will:
* Work closely with the various ground engineering disciplines including storm water design, by providing engineering 2D and 3D design services;
* Prepare engineering plans, profiles, sections and details, for permitting, design, tender, construction and as-constructed drawing sets; and figures for proposals, reports and presentations;
* Compile and/or Model 3D surfaces representing various ground engineering features such as graded terrain, , haul roads, channels and ponds;
* Produce conceptual site layout for power facilities, including solar sites, transmission lines, and substations;
* Perform volume calculations and perform QA/QC procedures;
* Be skilled in Civil 3D methods of plan production;
* Be skilled in Geographic Information Systems;
* Possess a strong understanding of stormwater systems and rules of Florida's various water management districts regarding stormwater management system requirements.
The preferred candidate will possess the following skills and qualifications:
* 7 years (minimum) experience with Autodesk products;
* Diploma, Certificate or Degree from an accredited College or University (Construction Management, Applied Sciences, Graphics Art/Design, CAD/Engineering Technology, etc.), or equivalent;
* Practical knowledge of an efficient production environment of the following primary software is essential: AutoCAD, AutoCAD Civil 3D, MAPINFO and Microsoft Office;
* Strong oral and written communication skills;
* Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented;
* Good problem solving and the ability to identify alternative solutions;
* Strong sense and commitment to CAD standards and procedures;
* Ability to meet tight deadlines and work under pressure;
* Ability to work with remote teams.
The preferred candidate may possess some or all of the following skills:
* Stormwater design experience;
* Power facility experience;
* GIS data systems experience;
* Experience with AutoCAD Plant 3D, P&ID or Mechanical Desktop;
* Field survey experience;
* Training/Speaking experience.
Our Staff Benefit from:
An option to purchase shares in Golder Associates
Career and personal development opportunities and support of personal growth
Employee mentoring program
Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
Golder Associates Statement:
Golder Associates Inc. is a drug free employer and undertakes drug and alcohol testing as allowed by law and pursuant to its Drug Free Workplace Policy. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.