|Job Ref:||38518||Employer:||Goodrich||Industry:||Manufacturing||Country:||Canada||County/State:||Ontario||City:||Oakville||Address:||Post Date:||13/10/2016 05:06|
Reporting to the nights supervisor, as the Machine Shop Technician, you will produce aircraft parts to drawing while operating machines in the Nose Landing Gear cell. The successful candidate must be willing to multitask and cross-train on all machines within the cell, as required.
• Perform own manual set-ups by positioning and aligning tooling per set-up instructions using CNC programming language (G codes).
• Maintain tolerances by observing operation and making necessary machine offset adjustments, cutter changes and performing self inspection (SI&A).
• Document actions in support of quality logs, communicate all discrepancies in machining to supervision and create Product Defect Sheets(PDS) as required.
• Perform work from set-up sheets, manufacturing sheets and drawings.
• Support and promote continuous improvement, 5S activities and Standard Work Development in the cell.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Basic Qualifications :
• Minimum 3 to 5 years' Boring Mill machining experience in High Speed Cell.
• Certificate of Qualification (C of Q) is required.
• Must be willing to multi-task as required.
• Demonstrated ability to utilize measuring equipment in support of quality requirements and read and interpret blueprints.
• Demonstrated ability to operate and use an overhead crane in a safe manner
• Strong verbal and written communication skills (English)
• Willingness to train and operate other machines in the cell and willingness to work overtime
• Successful candidates must meet and be clearned under all requirements relating to ITAR and CGD
• Candidates will be tested
• Must be willing and able to work night shift (11:00 pm - 7:00 am M-F)
By clicking on "Apply" you agree to answer the following questions;
1) Do you have a grade 12 diploma?
2) Do you have your Certificate of Qualification (C of Q)?
3) Do you have 3 to 5 years' Boring Mill machining experience in High Speed Cell?
4) Are you willing and able to work the night shift (11:00 pm - 7:00 am)?
5) Are you willing to work overtime and cover vacations of other teams members within the cell as required?