|Job Ref:||SEA16-5838||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Industry:||Manufacturing||Country:||United States||County/State:||Washington||City:||Bothell||Address:||Post Date:||20/10/2016 05:12|
Summary: The Quality Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of the GD-OTS Orlando/Seattle Quality Management System (QMS) and quality organization/function to ensure that the products and services delivered by GD-OTS Orlando/Seattle comply with all customer and contractual requirements and are produced in accordance with approved processes and procedures.|
Essential Duties & Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Leads a customer-focused Quality organization/function that collaborates with the development, production and business operations leadership to create an environment where products are developed and produced efficiently and without defect in accordance with all applicable requirements.
• Maintains product /service conformance by assuring that all relevant employee trainings and certifications are maintained, that all equipment employed to produce or test products or services are operational and properly calibrated, and that all processes employed are approved and controlled.
• Leads the organization's continuous improvement initiative (aka Lean Six Sigma).
• Responsible for the development and implementation of the GD-OTS Orlando/Seattle Quality Management System (QMS). Responsible to insure the operation fulfills the requirements of ISO-9001/AS9100 and other applicable governing certifications it holds. Effectively communicates the organization's quality objective performance including periodic communication to organization stakeholders internal and external to the operation.
• Establishes and manages the GD-OTS Orlando/Seattle Annual Quality Objectives. Aligns department goals and objectives, procedures, and processes with overall goals and objectives.
• Responsible for the GD-OTS Orlando/Seattle audit function including conduct of ISO, OHSAS, AS, GD-OTS and GD directed and internal Orlando/Seattle audits of processes and conformance to corporate, division, local and regulatory procedures.
• Leads the GD-OTS Orlando/Seattle Material Review Board (MRB) and Corrective and Preventative Action Review (CPAR) Board and processes. Reports status of these bodies on a regular basis and measures their effectiveness and the effectiveness of their actions.
• Works with HR and program teams to plan and maintain appropriate staffing. Teams with HR to develop, recruit & fill all open positions.
• Prepares and manages Quality departmental operating budgets as approved by GM.
• Prepares and conducts annual employee evaluation and salary planning for direct reports and provides feedback to other supervisors regarding performance of others. Completes all PRIDE (performance) reviews accurately and in a timely fashion and ensures that employee assessments are consistent and accurate. Implements effective employee corrective action arising from the evaluation process.
• Conduct regularly scheduled staff meetings and supports operation-wide All-Hands Meetings as required.
• Special Projects as assigned by the GM.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering, Chemistry or other technical field (MS/MBA is preferred)
A minimum of five (5) years of experience in Quality Assurance, including the development and production of products. Experience in defense/aerospace required (automotive preferred).