|Job Ref:||GAR16-5872||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Industry:||Manufacturing||Country:||United States||County/State:||Texas||City:||Garland||Address:||Post Date:||20/10/2016 05:12|
Plans and conducts activities concerned with the quality control and quality assurance of industrial forge processes, materials, and products by performing the following duties.|
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Develops and initiates standards and methods for inspection, testing, and evaluation.
• Plans and conducts the analysis, inspection, design, test, and/or integration to assure the quality of the assigned product or component. Devises sampling procedures and designs and develops forms and instructions for recording, evaluating, and reporting quality and reliability data.
• Establishes program to evaluate precision and accuracy of production equipment and testing, measurement, and analytical equipment and facilities.
• Performs quality engineering reviews of design documentation for compliance with stated requirements, including vendor quality manuals and company quality records. Interfaces with suppliers regarding conforming to quality requirements.
• Monitors statistical process control (SPC) methods for analyzing data to evaluate the current process and process changes.
• Establish internal first article requirements, reviews and approves results in accordance with AS9102..
• Represents the company regarding quality matters to the program office level and in meetings with customers.
• Reviews contracts, statement of work, industry and customer defined specifications to determine quality requirements for programs and preparing contract quality requirement summaries as required.
• Documents data obtained during all quality activities consistent with company policies and procedures. Develops new approaches to solve problems identified during quality activities.
• Communicates significant issues or developments identified during quality activities and provides recommended process improvements to management.
• Prepares reports to communicate involvement and results of quality activities. Prepares and presents technical and program information to team members and management.
• Directs technical and administrative workers engaged in quality activities.
Associates Degree in related field; 4 years minimum related experience and/or training in manufacturing environment; or equivalent combination education and experience. Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
Problem Solver, Self Starter, exceptional organization skills. Works well with diverse groups of people and be able to function independently of direct Supervision.
4 Years Quality Engineering Experience. Strong considerations for experience in Forgings Aluminum. Knowledge of various quality systems methodologies ISO 9001:2008; AAS9100C, Six Sigma, 5 Why's etc. in Manufacturing (Aerospace Preferred)