Field Engineer (Civils) Key Accountabilities|
Job Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Supports LFE in directing construction team and contractors in best practice for HSEA standards
- Provides direction for contractor's work execution to ensure safe and environmentally sound work practices are used. Stops work where the safety of personnel or operation of the railway is in immediate danger.
- Participates in the works planning process as required.
- Provides field engineering input into contractor performance meetings as required.
- Supports LFE/PFE and regularly liaises with the PE on technical issues to deliver the work in a safe, quality and cost effective manner.
- Supports CM/SCM in coordinating and promoting the timely and efficient delivery of the works.
- Supports the timely delivery of relevant contractor deliverables.
- Responsible for surveillance and measurement of contractor work quality.
- Writes PDR's in a timely manner and takes supporting photographs.
- Reports installed quantities accurately and contemporaneously.
- UTX Experience
- Working knowledge of relevant railway systems and/or infrastructure terminology, design, construction and commissioning including civils infrastructure
- Collection and usage of data and translation into performance metrics
- Awareness in planning and scheduling works is desired
- Effective Influencing & listening skills
- Understanding the implementation of Construction Quality Management systems