We are currently recruiting for a Discipline Engineer (Fire) to provide technical support to a range of projects in London. |
The Accountabilities of the Discipline Engineer (Fire) will be as follows:
The Discipline Engineer (Fire) will have the following skills and experience:
- Preparing Fire Strategies for Projects
- Ensuring Design Compliance with all Fire Engineering Design to Current Legislation
- Producing Fire Technical Assurance Plans
- Support the fire precautions approval process
- Responsible, with the support of core fire team, for in-house design and management of subcontracted Fire Systems including Compartmentation, Detection and Suppression Systems.
- Produce technical briefs / work scopes for design and construction of works to be undertaken by the Construction team.
- Advise on special conditions and technical specifications for standards and contract documents.
- Undertake design reviews in order to satisfy the client that the work meets their requirements
- Carry out risk assessments as part of the CDM procedures.
- Liaise effectively with Engineers and other disciplines; Project Managers, Construction
- Managers and Health and Safety and Quality Engineers to ensure designs and work are co-ordinated.
In order to apply for the Discipline Engineer (Fire), please submit your CV and contact details via this advert today.
- The candidate, as a minimum, should be a member of a relevant professional body.
- The candidate will have proven experience of inspection and acceptance of all types of fire systems.
- The candidate should also have a specific understanding of fire detection and protection systems together with all statutory regulations.
- 5 years service in the fire engineering industry and have acquired the relevant knowledge and experience to meet the above criteria.