|Job Ref:||EMP375298||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Industry:||Automotive||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Gaydon||Address:||Post Code:||CV35||Salary:||£40,000 - £45,000/year||Post Date:||14/10/2016 21:33|
To design & develop new and existing vehicle electrical distribution systems (Harnesses, Battery cables, Fuse boxes and Ground leads).|
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
• Ownership of design and development of EDS (harness etc.) components from concept to production to meet program deliverables.
• The EDS engineer will be responsible for covering: -
- DVP status.
- Meeting all legislative requirements.
- Supplier Liaison
• Supporting the Project Engineer to manage a team of supplier EDS engineers based on site at Gaydon.
• Work closely with the circuit engineer to manage the circuit instructions (DT’s) and circuit changes through prototype build phases.
• Component releasing and change control management.
• Control engineering concerns through ECMS and report out to the line manger as part of a weekly commodity review.
• Support DFMEA reviews.
• Support sub-system/supplier DFMEA reviews.
• Control of Design Verification Plans and Sign off Report for owned components.
• Prototype parts procurement.
• Support prototype vehicle builds and vehicle launches (supervision of build technicians and supplier).
• Work closely with the Quality team and supplier to solve any problems (8D Process).
• Ability to think outside the box and generate new and better solutions for EDS.
• Ensure latest materials and technology are kept up to date and implemented at the earliest possible opportunity.
Qualifications & Experience
• Engineering Degree or Equivalent Qualification.
• Extensive experience in automotive electrical design and development.
• Knowledge of EDS and how it is manufactured.
• Experience of HEV EDS.
• Ability to re-work vehicle harnesses.
• Ability to interrogate vehicle circuits.
• Good experience and knowledge of vehicle electrical systems.
• Experience of project management.
• Delivered new or modified EDS successfully into production.
• Working knowledge of Relevant Regulations and approvals.
• Manage a large workload in a high pressure environment.
• Ability to analyse data from supplier testing and work to timely solutions when required.
• Must have good report writing skills.
• Must be proactive and trust their initiative using minimum supervision to produce practical solutions.
• Ability to support and input at DFMEA reviews.
• Ability to support prototype builds.
• Good IT skills with the ability to generate metrics through Excel spreadsheet management.