|Job Ref:||EMP371450||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Preston||Address:||Salary:||£25 - £28/week||Post Date:||14/10/2016 21:33|
My Client requires an experienced Flood Risk Management Officer to assist with the clients busy work load to work on Capital Project Schemes and the Flood Recovery Programme|
Experience in Flood Risk Planning and Investigation
• Investigate reports of flooding received from residents and other affected parties (or their representatives) in accordance with current policies, by a combination of historical research, on-site investigations and joint working with land owners, partner organisations and other techniques, subject to the circumstances of each flooding incident.
• Appraise development proposals with regard to potential future flood risk and advise Local Planning Authorities within the statutory timeframe, also negotiate improved commitments from developers wherever appropriate.
• Manage delivery of identified capital projects (including studies and works) to reduce flood risk to affected communities and key infrastructure, including option appraisal and selection, making funding bids, cabinet/Committee reporting, public engagement, selection & supervision of external & internal resources, liaison with stakeholders, financial programming and management etc.
• Review Land Drainage Consent applications and issue or decline consents within the statutory timeframe
• Providing appropriate responses to enquiries and service requests.
Person Specification (all essential critieria)
• Applicants should have a recognised vocational or professional qualification plus broad experience in area of expertise. May be working towards a professional qualification or be of graduate entry level with sound practical experience.
• Experience of working independently with relevant specialised systems, equipment and/or IT software.
Knowledge and Skills:
• Detailed knowledge of own service area and relevant working systems, equipment and/or IT software, plus an awareness of council policies and services related to the role.
• Analytical skills and problem-solving capability.
• Ability to negotiate and influence others based on technical or professional expertise.
• Ability to build and maintain effective networks and relationships.
Other (including special requirements)
• Commitment to equality and diversity
• Commitment to health and safety
• Display the LCC values and behaviours at all times and actively promote them