|Job Ref:||EMP375271||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Industry:||Manufacturing||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Ilfracombe||Address:||Post Code:||EX34||Salary:||£35,000 - £39,000/year||Post Date:||13/10/2016 21:37|
Our clients have an exciting opportunity for a Manufacturing Engineer to join their growing team in Ilfracombe. The Manufacturing Engineer will be responsible for maintaining manufacturing within quality critical areas of the factory including process, product and machinery. |
Experience using Lean and Six Sigma Techniques
(a) Knowledge & Key Skills:
• Able to demonstrate experience in the use of Lean and Six Sigma techniques to complete process improvements.
• Good analytical skills to help drive and measure improvements.
• Able to demonstrate a broad experience of manufacturing processes and equipment.
• Able to participate in or lead teams in a multifunctional environment.
• Working knowledge of AutoCAD 2D Drawing Package.
• Able to justify capital expenditure for improvements identified as well as PO’s for equipment, tooling or gauging etc.
• Able to create FMEA’s and Risk assessments to form part of the change control process.
Required Skills & Experience:
• Degree or equivalent in Manufacturing, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering.
• The ability to demonstrate competence to attain Lean 6 sigma qualification
• Experience working in a Manufacturing environment
• Demonstrable analytical ability within a manufacturing environment.
• Active participation in operational Excellence activities including Lean Manufacturing and Kaizen events.
• Key support for production lines in a vital area of the business producing quality critical product.
• Technical understanding of production, equipment and processes.
• Conduct investigations to resolve POR, COR, CAPA’s and complete corrective actions.
• To maintain and create technical documentation such as Product Data Sheets, Training Instructions and Specifications pertaining to the area of expertise.
• Define and implement cost savings, process and procedural enhancements.
• Manage a budget for day to day running of the area and capital approval processes for procuring new machinery.
• Provide support to the manufacturing teams and lines.