|Job Ref:||EMP375306||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Birmingham||Address:||Post Code:||B12||Salary:||Up to £39,000/year||Post Date:||13/10/2016 21:38|
Our client require a Senior Geo-environmental Engineer, with a degree in Geology and preferably and MSc in Engineering Geology or a relevant subject. |
Extensive experience in site investigation
Principal Duties and Main Activities:
• Liaison with Regulatory Authorities for information.
• Organising sub-contractors, plant, service data, equipment and consumables for site work.
• Planning and supervising site investigations, including sampling and logging of soils/rock to BS5930/EC7.
• Preparing borehole logs on Holebase.
• Preparation of laboratory test schedules for both geotechnical and contamination analysis.
• Preparing Phase I Desk Studies.
• Undertaking Phase II Geotechnical, Geo-environmental and Contaminated Land assessments and report preparation.
• Contributing to the office culture, conduct and discipline to encourage an enjoyable, productive and efficient workplace for all.
• Fostering sound working relationships with team colleagues, other employees and clients.
• Complying with Health & Safety and CDM Regulations and assisting in the development of a Health & Safety culture in the Company.
• Assisting the Team Leader and Directors in promoting the Company and the Vision in all its aspects.
• Any other duties consistent with the job description that may be required from time to time.
• Science degree in a relevant subject (geology/civil engineering/ environmental studies, etc).
• Preferably an MSc or equivalent in a relevant subject.
• Soil and rock logging to BS5930:1999 (incorporating Amendment 2:2010).
• Extensive experience in site investigation/geotechnical contracting/ consultancy.
• Ability to work under own supervision, with support from employees in other offices.
• Client facing activities including attendance/representation of the company at meetings, networking events, etc.
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK