|Job Ref:||EMP375301||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hampshire||City:||Southampton||Address:||Salary:||£30,000/year||Post Date:||14/10/2016 21:32|
The Electronics Service & Support Engineer will act as the key technical intermediary between the customer and the company and will be required to have detailed technical knowledge of the company’s product portfolio.|
Electronics Background, Maintenance & Repair Experience, Technical Knowledge
This role would suit someone with extensive electronics knowledge with an ability to interact with customers effectively over the phone and via e-mail. This role is predominantly office based with some field based hands on technical support.
• Offering support (telephone, email and/or on-site) in event of an equipment fault across Europe, the Americas and Asia including fault finding, field repairs and installation of product upgrades.
• Providing commissioning support to integrators.
• Participating in the global Product Support response help line.
• Able to travel to customer sites across Europe, USA and Asia, travel would tend to be around 10% and could be at short as well as planned notice.
• Providing support for the evaluation process at the start and during the evaluation, including head installation.
• Training the distributor network in service and support.
• Supporting the generation of customer facing documentation and generation of training manuals and spare parts lists.
• Participation in the development of new products and New Product Introduction (NPI).
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Proven experience as a Field Service Engineer from an electronics based, high value capital equipment sector such as; medical devices, laboratory devices, semiconductors or other high value instrumentation environments
• Experience working in a Product Support team or Service & Repair role is essential.
• Experience in a customer-interfacing role.
• Previous experience with lasers, especially fibre lasers, including fault finding at a system level, is preferable but not essential.
• Previous experience working with fibre optics is preferable but not essential.
• An individual whom is ex-forces within an electronics capacity would be of distinct interest.
Hours: Monday – Friday 9:00am – 5:30pm (although flexible on this)
Salary: £30,000 pa