Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||EMP375291||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Cheltenham||Address:||Post Code:||GL50||Salary:||£28,000 - £32,000/year||Post Date:||14/10/2016 21:32|
A Design Engineer position has arisen with our client, who develops and supplies special purpose machinery to automation, manufacturing and OEM companies.|
Design Engineer / Mechanical Design Engineer
The successful design engineer will be involved in:
• The design, detail and development of machines using Solid Works.
• Assisting with sales proposals and design estimates.
• Ensuring all documentation is updated, schedules, manuals and spares lists.
• Striving for simple design, quicker assembly methods, cost reductions and improved reliability.
• Hands on involvement during trials and machine testing.
• Good Working knowledge of SolidWorks
• Ability to work as a member of a Design team.
• Work accurately, calmly and effectively under pressure and to tight deadlines
• Ability to react positively and calmly with sudden and unexpected changes on demand.
• Good organisational and communication skills
• Good interpersonal skills, with experience of building professional relationships at all levels across the business
• Commercial awareness
• Be a problem solver with the ability to analyse a situation and provide a timely solution
• Perform design calculations for mechanical components, drives and structures
• Ideally HNC of equivalent in mechanical engineering