|Job Ref:||EMP375294||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hampshire||City:||Portsmouth||Address:||Post Code:||PO2||Salary:||£25,000 - £30,000/year||Post Date:||13/10/2016 21:38|
Our global engineering company are looking for a Design Engineer to join their growing business.|
The successful Design Engineer will be involved in producing design concepts and detailed component drawings and specifications and support continuous improvement projects and provide technical support.
• Design and validate products to customer requirements, relevant design standards/codes and procedures from initial inquiry to contract completion. Design package includes Engineering Drawings, Calculations and quality plans.
• Create appropriate Engineering Schedules and Bills of Materials to facilitate release of orders within agreed timescales.
• Monitor and report on deviations from customer and contract requirements.
• Provide technical support for other internal and external functions (Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Applications, Sales and customers).
• Provide engineering solutions to internal non-conformances (rejects), customer issues (CORs) and change requests within agreed timescales.
• Implement and support continuous improvement actions/projects and best practice replication throughout the company
• HND/HNC or equivalent in a relevant discipline (Mechanical desirable)
• Ability to receive, review, interpret and implement customer specifications
• Experience of 3D modelling (Solid Edge Ideally) and 2D drafting in a manufacturing environment
• Familiarity with pharmaceutical or biotech industries would be an advantage
• Experience of designing machined / fabricated stainless steel components, pipework, machined plastics and working with close tolerance, multi item assemblies.
• Knowledge of pressure vessel products, pneumatic / hydraulic systems and electrical control.