|Job Ref:||143287BR||Employer:||AECOM||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Bedfordshire||City:||Bedford||Address:||Post Code:||MK40||Post Date:||30/09/2016 11:38|
Why Choose AECOM?
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees - including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals - serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine's annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World's Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients' projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at ;NA.
About the Business Line
We provide professional services in areas such as aviation, transit, freight rail, highways and bridges, planning, and ports and marine. Our global network of top-tier specialists delivers comprehensive services over the full life cycle of a project to benefit clients in government and private industries.
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Bridge Engineer in our centrally located Bedford office.
Our Bedford office has an established track record of successfully delivering bridge engineering schemes for more than 30 years mainly in the Midland and South East but also throughout the UK. Our office, located at the heart of Bedford Town Centre, has multi-disciplinary transportation assessment and design capability in rail and highway schemes and works closely with other disciplines from the Geotechnical, Environment, Transport Planning and Development Sectors.
A selection of our current and recent projects includes -
• Brent Cross - the provision of new infrastructure, including some 30 new bridges.
• CAFA rail bridge inspection and assessment. Long term commission with bridge sites located on the LNW lines.
• OPSAP inspections and assessments of on station canopies at 86 stations throughout the LNW route.
• Delivery of structures elements for the Advance Earthworks for the new Nuclear Power Station at Hinkley Point.
• LoHAC Central - London Highways Alliance Contract is a long term commission under which AECOM together with Volker and Colas are responsible for maintaining all Transport for London (TfL) highway structures in the Central area of London.
• Midlands Highways Alliance - this enables AECOM to provide bridge engineering services to Local Authorities throughout the Midlands
As a Senior Bridge Engineer you will have the following daily responsibilities:
• Take a leading role in the design of major civil engineering structures.
• Prepare designs under minimal supervision.
• Assist with the commercial and financial control of your project.
• Analysis and detailed design of road/rail bridges and other structures.
• Inspection, assessment and strengthening of road/rail bridges and other structures.
• Supervision of graduate engineers and technicians.
• Planning and project management.
• Prepare, implement and assess contract documents.
• Report writing and production of technical reports and documents.
• Experience with bridge and related structural inspection assessment and design schemes.
• Proven design and project management experience delivering to quality, time and budget.
• Experience in road and/or rail projects.
• High level technical skills in current inspection, assessment and design.
• Previous exposure with clients of both national and local authorities, together with major contractors.
• Ability to manage staff and project Health and Safety responsibilities including compliance with CDM legislation.
• You will have a current clean driving license and be willing to travel throughout the UK to visit sites.
• Strong ability in finite element modelling. Knowledge of Lusas is beneficial.
• Good knowledge of the Eurocode Standards.
• Degree educated or equivalent in a relevant subject such as Bridge, Civil or Structural Engineering.
• Ideally educated to MSc level or equivalent.
• Either a Chartered Engineer with ICE or IstructE, or close to completion.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.