Job Overview : |
The Director of Strategic Solutions Alliances will be responsible for leading a team of alliance/BD personnel in establishing, nurturing and managing key alliance partners in developing winning solutions. More specifically, these solutions will be focused on IoT initiatives encompassing the Hitachi Lumada platform. The Director will manage and build a team of Alliance Managers to identify and create new strategic offer relationships and execute the group's plan in a cross-business unit environment (Hitachi Data Systems and Hitachi Insight Group).
This position exists to help create and drive revenue opportunities by managing the overall business alliance partnerships, development, execution and cross-functional coordination of existing and new partnerships with a focus on IoT. This position acts as the coordination point for partnerships and building an IoT-unique ecosystem of relationships that support market share growth and industry leadership positioning for Hitachi. The individual will have high level exposure inside of Hitachi and be the team lead with respect to alliance-based or incorporated offers Hitachi brings to market. The successful candidate will identify and assess new / disruptive market companies / technologies and lead partnership strategy development effort as required.
A successful individual will be able to informally lead colleagues in product management, sales and supporting functions in the development and execution of a coordinated partner growth strategy. Specifically, the individual will develop senior level relationships with targeted Alliance partners and all other facets of our business to create mutually beneficial relationships. Additionally, the Director will work with Hitachi Global System Integrator teams to identify key GSI and IoT-specific partners, develop the engagement strategies for focused SI partners to lead business development efforts for joint (differentiated) solutions which leverage Hitachi intellectual property. Success will be measured through development of a strategic roadmap, tactical execution of initiatives, strategic wins, and overall offer creation and revenue growth incorporating such partners.
Job Function includes but is not limited to :
- Develop and guide execution of overall Strategic Solutions partnering plan
- Establish IoT-based partner initiatives to drive a) increased close rates, b) higher average order values, and c) increased number of proposals for the Hitachi sales force
- Recruit and lead IoT and Hitachi Lumada platform alliance ecosystem
- Lead implementation of strategic alliance initiatives with the prioritized partners to drive significant revenue potential for Hitachi
- Assimilating technical product advantages into winning business propositions for global alliance assigned, including, but not limited to, IoT and analytics-based solution development and technology integration
- Creation of enhanced co-selling programs that join the forces of the strategic alliances and the Hitachi Data Systems and Insight Group's sales force
- Conceiving, creating and executing global programmatic activities to enhance Hitachi Data Systems status with the global alliance
- Driving Hitachi Insight Group solutions (driving Hitachi Data Systems product/services revenue) to, though and with assigned partners. This could include Paid Referral, Resell, OEM and partner pull-through revenue from partner solution/consulting sales in a co-selling mode.
- Identifying marketing and business generation activity that will result in Hitachi Data Systems and Insight Group's contribution revenue associated with the global alliance accounts assigned
- Educating internal Hitachi sales professionals on the global alliance partnerships and solutions established, their value to Hitachi, and go-to-market plans that will enhance Hitachi customer position
- Maintaining active lead management and sales funnel activity with assigned global alliances through measured activity with Hitachi sales teams
- Regularly communicating with Hitachi Data Systems' and Insight Group's Sales and Marketing executives in support of global alliance assigned and its activities in support of the One Hitachi mission
- Working collaboratively with Marketing and Technology groups to produce partner-specific collateral briefs, and white papers
- Securing partner commitment and participation in Hitachi product launch events, PR activities, and marketing events.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, place of origin, ethnic origin, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, mental or physical disability, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable national, state, or local law.
- 12 years of work experience within the enterprise software marketplace. Machine to Machine and/or IoT experience a major plus.
- Experience with Business Intelligence, Analytics or Big Data industries and solutions with progressive responsibility in Alliances, Business Development or Sales
- 5 years of recent work with named Systems Integrators and related software companies and eco-system required.
- 5 years' experience in leading cross functional (including product and/or technical personnel with business development personnel) teams.
- Experience with cloud-based and enabling software companies as well as cloud based technology and business models.
- Experience in leading cross-functional teams is mandatory.
- Strong leadership and communication skills, as well as strong team and interpersonal skills.
- Very strong organization, program management and execution skills.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to execute with limited supervision.
- Must be able to take in a broad array of possibilities, requests and requirements, then focus, prioritize and implement the plan.
- Exceptional business acuity, technology prowess and strategic analysis skills.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and demonstrated analytical skills.
- Experience recruiting and managing large, global, complex alliances.
- Up to 40% travel required.
- Preferred Location: Boston, Denver or SFO Bay Area