Hourly Rate Bands N/A Salaried/Hourly-Paid Salaried |
Working as part of the B&CE general maintenance works team carrying general building & maintenance
- Working as part of the team, and at times under you own initiative, carry out B&CE related works in a safe manner. Works to include painting & general labouring
- Ensure progress is maintained for all works under the guidance of your line manager Document and record any inspections, changes, and work delays, ensuring any unforeseen changes are bought to your line manager's attention
- Ensure that all works/projects under your responsibility are carried out in accordance with Interserve and MOD Processes.
- Produce a quality end product first time with no re-work required
- Operate plant as and when required
- Operate batching plant as and when required.
- Ensure materials for works are fully checked for suitability and are correctly booked in and out of stores (reporting any defects or damage).
- Ensure that times sheets are completed accurately (correct job Nr's are entered), all overtime is sanctioned and timesheets are submitted on the day required
- Carry out any other duties as directed by your line manager or the Management team.
What we are looking for
- Educated to GCSE or equivalent.
- Working towards passing CITB or IOSH H & S test
- To have attained, or be working towards an NVQ or equivalent
- Experience of construction and concreting
- Experience with recognised H&S procedures
- Full driving license.
- Ability to work on own initiative or as part of a team
- HGV license
- POC certification in plant and equipment.
Permanent/FTC Duration - Permanent 27 months Hours worked per week - 47.5
Part Time or Full Time - Full time
Compliance requirements - BPSS Security, Falkland Islands Immigration
About the company
Interserve's vision is to redefine the future for people and places. We are one of the world's foremost support services and construction companies, operating in the public and private sectors in the UK and internationally. We offer advice, design, construction, equipment, facilities management and front-line public services. Interserve is based in the UK and is listed in the FTSE 250 index. We have gross revenue of £3.3 billion and a workforce of 80,000 people worldwide.