Hourly Rate Bands £8.01 - £8.50 Salaried/Hourly-Paid Hourly-Paid |
Eden Foodservice is currently recruiting for a Cook in Bristol BS16 . This position reports to the Catering Manager.
As a Cook, you will be required to work Monday to Friday, Term time only for a total of 27.5 hours per week, the earliest start is 8.30am and the latest finish is 2.00pm.
To organise and supervise the catering establishment in accordance with and to the standard required by Eden and Statutory Regulations. To be responsible for the preparation, cooking and service of food. To ensure that efficient and economic use is made of all resources.
- To plan, operate and control the production and service of food related duties.
- To adhere to company and legislative nutritional standards.
- Day to day site communication.
- To take responsibility for the standard of cleanliness and hygiene of premises and equipment in line with the Food Safety Act and Company Policy.
- To order all food and other commodities required from designated suppliers.
- To operate and control stocks, stock records and to ensure correct completion and submission of all appropriate returns and records to the target dates identified.
- To assess and adjust or in conjunction with the Business Support Manager, assess and adjust levels of staffing and to participate where required in the selection, appointment and termination of employment of catering staff.
- To operate in line with company/contract budgets and completion of all company bookwork.
- To ensure figures are reported to the office each Friday by 2pm.
- All relevant paperwork to be processed and posted each Friday.
- To ensure correct procedures are followed in the handling of cash where appropriate.
- To control and assist with any other catering functions.
- To maintain Eden standards of kitchen and personal hygiene and health and safety and operate to the standard required by the Statutory Health & Safety and Hygiene Regulations. This will include the induction and training of staff and completion of Training Record Cards.
- To carry out duties to enable a swift and pleasant service to the customer ensuring that the service is delivered without disruption to the daily school function.
- To wear the uniform provided in the correct manner and to arrive on duty at all times properly attired.
- Completion of Company Absence Monitoring Procedures.
- There may be a requirement to transfer to another catering contract unit within a reasonable geographical distance.
- To attend scheduled meetings, cluster group meetings and undergo Company Training as and when required.
To undertake any other duties that may be required for the effective operation of the catering establishment.
Knowledge skills & experience
- Previous catering experience within a similar environment preferably
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well in a team and on their own initiative.
- Ability to adapt to change and take on different tasks as and when required.
About the company
Interserve's vision is to redefine the future for people and places. We are one of the world's foremost support services and construction companies, operating in the public and private sectors in the UK and internationally. We offer advice, design, construction, equipment, facilities management and front-line public services. Interserve is based in the UK and is listed in the FTSE 250 index. We have gross revenue of £3.6 billion and a workforce of over 80,000 people worldwide.