Oct 10, 2016
Oil & Gas Measurement Technician – Dilley, Texas – requesting candidates who live in the area of Dilley, Cotulla, San Antonio, Carrizo Springs, and Laredo, Texas. No relocation or Per Diem is being offered at this time.
The Measurement Technician role works independently and with others to perform preventative, predictive and routine maintenance tasks. They troubleshoot issues, repair failures of production and facilities equipment, and ensure maximum equipment efficiency and effectiveness.
Responsibilities may include:
- Ensure accurate custody transfer of crude oil and natural gas liquids for intra and intercompany movements in adherence with established policies and guidelines, applicable regulations and industry accepted standards
- Understands the methods of measurements used for custody transfer
- Has working knowledge of laboratory tests and procedures used to monitor and to certify products
- Has practical knowledge of tanks, tank measurement Monitors, analyzes, reports, and drives improvement of pipeline and terminal movements
- Understands most common forms of measurement including the use of positive displacement meters, mass flow meters, turbine meters, and solids handling measurement and various tank measurement methods and systems
- Works with management and project group to define and prioritize measurement improvement projects
- Interfaces with other internal, external and third party industry measurement related contacts/resources
- Work closely with the Loss Control group on issues that relate to measurement accuracy of crude oil
- Drives measurement improvements and processes Self Starter that is willing to seek out additional job duties under own guidance
- Work up projects and seek agreement for possible inclusion into future Budgets
- Perform monthly Pipelines, Terminal gain, loss analysis
- Investigate instances of mis-measurement; computing adjustments and negotiate with other companies when necessary to settle difference in adjusted volumes
- Review and participate in testing of new measurement technology with outside vendors to maintain accuracy in line with current industry technological developments
- Provide resolution suggestions regarding measurement system failures, including hands on troubleshooting and repairs when required
- Ensure implementation of system upgrades
- Provides input & suggestions into development of measurement standards to promote measurement uniformity and compliance with API measurement standards while keeping abreast of measurement trends and technology advances
- Ensure roll-out and implementation of new measurement initiatives and policies and procedures
- Review/audit metering systems to ensure end\-to\-end integrity and accuracy Review proving factors, flow computer and LC computations, data transmission, SCADA computations
- Schedule calibrations, inspections, audits, and other related activities with facility supervisors and other third parties
Preferred But Not Required
- High school diploma GED equivalent
- 1 or more years of experience as a Measurement Technician
- Ability and willingness, with or without reasonable accommodation, to perform/comply with following:
- Willing and able to climb various ladders and stairs to operate valves, gauge tanks, or perform maintenance on equipment are a part of this position.
- The ladders and stairs range from 5 to 40 feet in height
- Willing and able to raise and transport articles weighing up to 40 pounds
- Willing and able to walk, stand, stoop, sit, climb, and carry material on a daily basis on even and uneven terrain
- Willing and able to work outside in harsh weather conditions
- Wear personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Associate’s degree in Electrical Maintenance, Instrumentation, or Industrial Electronics
- 3 or more years of experience in measurement (volumetric, meter based measurement systems, turbine meters, positive displacement meters, etc)
- 1 or more years of experience with meter provers
- 1 or more years of experience with flow computers
- Familiar with API Bulk Oil Handling Guidelines
- Direct experience with API measurement standards
- Leadership ability in safety, environmental and regulatory practices
- Proficient (perform the skill with limited assistance) with Word and Excel
- Achieves Superior Performance – Has a commercial and sustainable mind-set to deliver results on time, on budget and to a high quality, ensuring that all activities adhere to safety standards, add value and contribute to growth for the Penspen Group business.
- Delivers with Focus – Takes initiative to anticipate challenge and ensure performance is delivered with energy and perseverance, taking responsibility and accountability to respond flexibly and ensure quality outcomes.
- Exeeds Client Expectations – Expends effort to ensure maximum internal and external client satisfaction, through building excellent stakeholder relationships and striving to exceed client expectations through the delivery of quality products and services.