Requisition ID: |
Assigned to a field construction organization in a field superintendent capacity. Responsible for managing resources and planning and coordinating pipe spools and structural members fabrication to achieve quality and productivity safely.
- Internal Candidate Under Consideration:
- Relocation Authorized:
- Project No.:
A. Supervision Received
B. Supervision Exercised
- Receives technical and operational supervision from Giza-Fayoum Project Field Superintendent.
- Provides technical direction to subordinate and others, as assigned.
BOPS Guidelines include the minimum time that you need to be in your current position before applying to a new position. Please refer to the Guidelines and ensure you meet the minimum requirements.
- contacts are with field engineers, superintendents and subcontractor's personnel associated with construction.
- Interface with the field engineering functional group to identify and resolve design-related issues as implemented in the field.
- Interface with subcontractor field supervisors and field personnel to resolve any pending queries.
- Responsible for all fabrication activities as applicable in shop drawings & specifications.
- Directs preparation of quantity listings of field purchased material and equipment. Initiates requisitions for field purchases.
- Coordinates with field engineering regarding the preparation of construction and shop drawings.
- Supervises day to day activities in the fabrication shop to ensure the fabrication is as per drawings and other schedule plans.
- Monitors equipment installation and planning for delivery of construction materials and equipment.
- Assuring that proper warehousing and storage exists to ensure environmental protection.
- Analyzes assigned fabrication activities to determine the scope, time and resource requirements.
- Works with multi-functions to ensure project achieves goals set for environmental, safety & health, quality, cost, and schedule.
- Close and track NCRs and FCDs.
- Acquire field engineering support when needed.
- Ensures that the fabrication of spools and structural steel supports is going as per schedule and site construction requirements.
- Ensures that all welders at the fabrication shop are certified as per the current welding procedure specification.
- Demonstrated leadership in a team-based environment. Knowledge and understanding of the application and requirements of the Project Environmental, Safety & Health (ES&H).
- Familiar with Bechtel's Business Ethics handbook and policies.
- Prior experience supervising and administering subcontractors.
- Knowledge of Bechtel's "Zero Accidents" safety program.
- Knowledge of the use of subcontracts; knowledge of the subcontractor's responsibilities contained in subcontract documents.
- This knowledge is normally gained through:
- A recognized degree in an engineering or scientific discipline, OR
- Specialized courses in construction management, AND/OR
- extensive field experience in piping and fabrication .
- This position is based in Alexandria and applicants must already possess the right to live and work in Egypt. This is a national contract position and the successful applicant will be employed by a third party company to provide services to Bechtel