Requisition ID: |
Assigned to a field construction organization in a field engineer capacity. Responsible for technically supporting and inspecting operations within E&T discipline. Ensures assigned construction operations and subcontractors performance are in compliance with specifications.
- Internal Candidate Under Consideration:
- Relocation Authorized:
- Project No.:
A. Supervision Received
BOPS Guidelines include the minimum time that you need to be in your current position before applying to a new position. Please refer to the Guidelines and ensure you meet the minimum requirements.
- Receives technical and operational supervision from Giza-Fayoum Lead E&I Field Engineer. B. Supervision Exercised
- Provides technical and administrative direction to subordinate and others, as assigned. C. Contacts
- Jobsite contacts are with field engineers, superintendents and subcontractor's personnel associated with construction.
- Interface with the engineering design functional group to identify and resolve design-related issues as implemented in the field.
- Interface with subcontractor field engineering and field personnel to resolve any design-related issues.
- Responsible for the activities of assigned construction engineers, such as the application of drawings, specifications, and subcontracts.
- Directs preparation of quantity listings of field purchased material and equipment. Initiates requisitions for field purchases in Bechtel Procurement System (BPS)
- Supervises preparation of construction drawings and schedules. Supervises design of temporary construction facilities and ensures preparation of "as built" drawings and other job plans.
- Assists superintendents and subcontractor field engineer in:
- Interpreting design drawings.
- Monitoring equipment installation and planning for delivery of construction materials and equipment.
- Assuring that proper warehousing and storage exists to ensure environmental protection.
- Reviews specifications, purchase orders, subcontracts, inspection reports, delivery schedules, instruction manuals and technical data.
- Administers assigned subcontracts to ensure contract remains up to date in areas such as drawings, specifications, cost and schedule.
- Coordinates with engineering design on constructability issues.
- Supervises subcontractor work efforts and administers routine subcontract changes and interfaces with client personnel. May represent the company in contractual discussions and negotiations.
- Reviews and/or supervises, as assigned, the preparation of construction estimates, cost engineering studies, schedules and budgets.
- Analyzes assigned construction activities to determine the scope, time and resource requirements.
- Ensures that vendors' bids for material and equipment are in conformance to specifications.
- Coordinates the interfacing between the construction automation plan and the project controls program at the jobsite. Reviews project controls documents on progress relating to cost and schedule.
- Performs personnel evaluation of assigned subordinate personnel and ensures they receive progressive training.
- May direct minimal numbers of manual craft field forces during project closeout.
- Knowledge and understanding of the application and requirements of the Project Environmental, Safety & Health (ES&H) Handbook and the Bechtel Core Processes as they relate to area of responsibility.
- A recognized degree in an engineering or scientific discipline.
- Work experience as a construction engineer, engineer or assistant superintendent leading to an understanding of the technical knowledge described above.
- Applicable local Egyptian Electrical codes
- Explosion Proof electrical equipment installation
- OG&C construction
- Brownfield & Greenfield construction piping experience
- Single Line Diagram
- Electrical and telecommunication Tie-ins (Cold taps)
- Mechanical completion turn over